Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Dentron Super Tuner Plus Help

Reviews Summary for Dentron Super Tuner Plus
Dentron Super Tuner Plus Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $approx. 120.00
Description: The Super Tuner Plus includes a front panel relative power meter, and a built in front panel antenna switch that handles up to four antennas. When properly adjusted, the Super Tuner Plus will tune out reactance and transform the load impedance to 50-70 ohms. A heavy duty 2 core balun is included for open wire or single long wire operations. A selector switch on the front panel allows selection of an alternate antenna (or dummy load), bypass, coax, single, and balanced. Power handling capability of the Super Tuner Plus is 1 KW CW and 1200 Watts PEP SSB (both measured in DC input to the final amplifier). The unit is compact but rugged, in an all-metal tightly shielded cabinet and weighs in at less than 15 pounds. Picture is not of Plus model

You can write your own review of the Dentron Super Tuner Plus.

WB4QNG Rating: 4/5 Oct 29, 2001 20:51 Send this review to a friend
Super Tuner not Plus  Time owned: more than 12 months
Thought I should add a comment to my previous review since I have been ask about this tuner a few time lately. While I think this tuner was rated at full legal power it did get hot and arched at times when I tuned my 600 watt amp. I think it ran cool on SSB and never did run CW with the amp on. I beleive this is true it has been 15 years since I ran an amp. Other than that it is a great tuner and I still use it today.

WB4QNG Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2001 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Super Tuner not plus  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Dentron Super Turner not the plus. It did not have the meter or the ant. switch. I believe this thing would tune anything. I have owned it since 1977 and haven't has a minutes worth of trouble. If you find one at a flea market I would suggest buying it in a minute.

KF7IS Rating: 4/5 Dec 23, 2000 18:35 Send this review to a friend
It has been in continous service since 1979.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is one solidly built tuner. Compaired to similiar products, this Dentron Radio Co. product was built for the long haul, unlike some MFJ look alike models. I have not since 79 had an antenna, rain gutter or tower that could not be pressed into service. Of course, the Super Tuner Plus lacks a lighted dual cross meter, but the forward relative power meter on the front panel still works after 22 years. If Dentron Radio Company were still in business....