Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | SSB Electronic, Gerry K3MKZ Help

Reviews Summary for SSB Electronic, Gerry K3MKZ
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: VHF UHF SHF SPECIALISTS
More info: http://www.ssbusa.com/ham.html

You can write your own review of the SSB Electronic, Gerry K3MKZ.

K2DRH Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2015 22:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using SSB mast mounted preamps and sequencers for contesting and casual VHF/UHF operating from 2M through 1296 for over 20 years now. With that amount of use and environmental exposure, preamp and sequencer failures are inevitable. If you didn't totally toast it with too much power into a bad SWR at too high a duty cycle, then Jerry can bring it back up to spec. If there’s enough time, he'll do his best to come through with repairs in time for the next contest. If you are having recurring problems he will talk them through with you and help you come up with a solution. 73 de Bob2

N1DNN Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2015 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Repair SSB Preamps  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I inadvertently transmitted into a non protected preamp that I had purchased from another dealer. Upon contacting them I was told that it would be necessary to return the preamp to the factory in Germany for repair. I had previously purchased equipment from Gerry at SSB Electronics and called him for advice. His response was to send the damaged SSB preamp to him and he would repair it which I did along with a second damaged preamp.They were both promptly returned in good working order. Additionally Gerry and I had several phone conversations to make certain that I wired up my sequencer with the preamp in approriate sequence to protect the preamp properly. Great Guy--Great service !!

KD7DCR Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2015 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Above and Beyond SERVICE!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
REF: ACS-2004 UHF coax/pre-amp tower switch.

Very unusual - Gerry provided multi contact/follow up to help me try and get this switch to do what I needed...and, I was NOT EVEN A CUSTOMER of his! Now, that is "above and beyond" in my book!!

He called me back on his dime...wrote very detailed e-mail messages that cleared up a lot of my misunderstandings...and, has stood by me thru this entire journey. I'm putting up an EME array next year (I hope)..you can bet some of Gerry's products will be on it...

please note:
Gerry has after a year of semi-retirement and SSB Electronic - Germany, have rejoined forces as of Oct. 1 2015 and that Gerry is the exclusive distributor of SSB products in the USA,
Canada and S. America.

IF you have something from SSB Elec and need service -- call Gerry and you won't go wrong!

N4HB Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2015 12:10 Send this review to a friend
SSB LT 33 S Transverter  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 10 years of inactivity on 903 I wanted to get back on the band from my new QTH in FM17. The only book I could find for hooking up my LT-33 S was written in German and I couldn't find the hookup information that Gerry had provided me almost 20 years ago. Gerry is the only person, I know, who is so dedicated to our hobby that he will take phone calls or orders 7 days a week from 8:30am till late at night. He's always been able to resolve any issues I have had over the many years that I have done business with him. And, he got me straight this time over the phone. He walked me through the proper hookup of my LT-33 S transverter with the necessary external relay that I needed. It would be hard to find anyone else that can provide on-the-spot service on Sunday morning! I was ready to send it back for repair, but he saved me that hassle. If you buy SSB equipment or any other type of equipment Gerry sells, you can count on him and his company to always be there for you when you need assistance or service; almost any time, any day of the week!

KO1I Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2015 06:08 Send this review to a friend
Fast service, perfect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Quick turnaround and excellent service on my Beko HLV-1000 VHF amplifier.