Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Comet CHA-2800 Help

max power 1kW SSB, V.SWR below 1.5,Impedance 50 Ohm,
Radial Length 2.9m, Antenna length 6.72m,
Survival wind speed 30m/sec
More info: http://www.comet-ant.co.jp/english

You can write your own review of the Comet CHA-2800.

ZS2KU Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2015 06:48 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been operating using dipole antennas, mainly on the 20m and 40m bands. I needed an antenna that I could use on the 10m band, and found this gem at SA Hamshack, the South African agents for Comet antennas.

The contents of the box was well packaged, and all the items are of the highest quality, as can be expected for the Japanese. All components and fittings are made of stainless steel and aluminium. The instructions and diagrams are clear and easy to follow. I had the antenna assembled in less than an hour. Some very minor adjustment was required to tune this antenna down 1.2:1

I mounted it to a 50mm galvanized mast at a height of 11 meters, with 3 guy ropes at the base mount to stabilize it.
I have used this antenna on both my Yaesu and Kenwood HF radios, without the need for an ATU and it works really well. I have made many successful contacts into Canada, South America, Europe and Asia, and Africa of course, all with great signal reports !!

I stay in Port Elizabeth on the south eastern coast of South Africa, a city renowned for strong winds. We recently has some serious storms with winds in excess of 80km/h, and the antenna handled the weather very well.

If you're looking for a 10m vertical antenna that can do the job very well, you must consider this Comet CHA-2800. I would highly recommend it, it's a great piece of kit.