Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Solder Pro 120 Help

Reviews Summary for Solder Pro 120
Solder Pro 120 Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $109
Description: Multifunction Soldering tool and Torch
More info: http://www.solder-it.com

You can write your own review of the Solder Pro 120.

RUSS324 Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2008 14:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent Product. It really got me out of a pinch. I have a Gap Titan DX up 7 meters. I had a bad PL-259 at the antenna. With the Pro 120 torch I was able to PROPERLY soldier a PL-259 while standing on the peak of the roof. They have a silver solider which is fantastic for pl-259's. Also great at the work bench. I no longer dread during pl-259 connectors. I would highly recommend this product. K8QF.

KC7KZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2008 15:48 Send this review to a friend
How did I get along without it!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I hate PL-259's. If I made up hundreds a day, I suppose I could get pretty good. I finally decided to get a PRO-120 in prep for some outside work on a springtime tower project. All I can say is that my irons and guns are going into the toolbox to gather dust. I have never been able to solder PL-259's like this! Amazing control of the heat and solder flow. I was a gas welder many years ago and maybe that helps, not sure. But with this small torch Ican absolutely pinpoint the heat, making excellent PL-259 connections. I am now going to remake all my previous PL-259 connections! By the way, Fred and his view of customer service is nothing short or perfect plus some. I am a very happy owner.

K4IA Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2006 20:11 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love my Solder Pro 120 and use it whenever I can. It heats up very quickly and is perfect for outdoor antenna work. I wouldn't use it to build a kit or solder SMT parts but it sure does a nice job on wire, coax, PL259s etc.

Recently, I was having trouble getting it to light. I sent an email asking what might be wrong fully expecting that I needed to buy a replacement orifice or spark igniter. Solder Pro replaced the unit free with no questions asked. Wow.

Thanks Solder Pro for a great product and great service.

AD5X Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2003 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Must have item!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the SolderPro 120K at Dayton this year. It is hard to tell you how many times I've used it in the short time I've had it. It is actually easier to use for soldering than a soldering iron if you have to move the iron from your workbench. And, of course, there is no comparison when it comes to using it outside. Make sure you get the silver solder and aluminum solder pastes, and the plastic weld paste. It is amazing to be able to solder to stainless steel and aluminum. And if you have plastic parts to repair (like my swimming pool skimmer basket), the plastic weld paste is amazing.

Once you have one of these, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Phil - AD5X

KI7CQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2003 22:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the greatest thing for soldering connectors. I will never again use a soldering iron for connectors.

I was having problems soldering PL-259s with the UG-176 adapter for use with RG-8X coax. I could not get the adapter hot enough for the solder to flow on the braid. However, with the Solder Pro 120, you just add the paste, aim the flame in the hole, and the solder flows. It solders fast enough so the dielectric doesn't get overheated.

In addition, Fred Doob is very nice and very helpful. If you want to make your life easier, get this tool.

N4SL Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2002 20:53 Send this review to a friend
Buy one now  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you do any outside antenna work or go to Field Day you just have to search the couch cushions for the money and get one of these things.

I've had one for several years and I have had a problem with it, the butane one-way fill valve got a slow leak. They sent me two replacement valves (which are very easy to replace yourself) and it's all set.

The quality is high, the product really fills a need... the tips for it are kind of expensive but of very high quality.

Very groovy.

Steve N4SL

N2TU Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2000 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Super Tool!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought myself a Christmas present...and what a nice present it is!

I ordered the Solder Pro 120 kit. No, this is not an ordinary soldering iron...This tool runs on butane so no need for AC cords and it warms up in seconds. Great for tower work, or printed boards. The temp is adjustable so its good for PL259 or finer work. The tool is lightweight and handles easily. It comes with a number of handy attachments which makes heat shrink applications a breeze. Just finished up a fairly large wiring job and it was great. I've been building kits for years and this is one of the best tools I've seen in years to facilitate the process.

As you can tell, I really enjoyed this tool...and the support is great!...I didn't like the smaller tip which came with the kit...so, Solder-it substituted the one I did want...

For $110, you cannot go wrong with this product...

K8KS Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2000 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Good products & great service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have purchased several butane soldering products from Solder-It in Cleveland, Ohio. I love my Pro-Iroda 120K soldering iron and use it very extensively. Recently, I had a tip problem with the butane soldering iron, necessitating replacement parts and repair. After speaking with the owner of Solder-It, he offerred replacement for a brand-new unit. Simple as that. Great customer service and post-purchase follow-up care! I just also happened to find out he is a ham (K8PP). He has a booth at Dayton every year. His email address is: fdoob@pro-iroda.com. Iroda's web-site is: http://www.pro-iroda.com/

Kaz (K8KS)