Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | DXE-AOK-60M - DX Engineering 60 Meter Add-On Kits Help

Reviews Summary for DXE-AOK-60M - DX Engineering 60 Meter Add-On Kits
DXE-AOK-60M - DX Engineering 60 Meter Add-On Kits Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$84.95
Description: DX Engineering 60 Meter Add-On Kits add 60-meter coverage to the Hustler BTV series of vertical antennas without giving up any existing band coverage. These kits will operate across the entire 60 meter band with an SWR of 1.5:1 or less.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-aok-60m

You can write your own review of the DXE-AOK-60M - DX Engineering 60 Meter Add-On Kits.

K4WQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2017 06:53 Send this review to a friend
Makes a Great Antenna Even Better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After listening to 60 meters for a while, I decided to go ahead and get the 60 meter add-on for my Hustler 6-BTV. As the previous reviewer said, the assembly itself was pretty easy. The tuning process however is another story. Took forever to get the SWR on 60 meters to my liking. There's a bit of interaction with 60/80/40 meters. Do the adjustments as instructed. After a while, I thought I had all the bands just right. Raised the antenna one more time and then all of a sudden, 60 meters went to hell. Found out that during the raising, one of the hose clamps was loose and the dimension for one of the traps changed significantly. After that was fixed, all came into acceptable values. I will confirm that the top hat assembly is only a few inches from the top of the tubing. Also, a fair amount of the whip had to be trimmed. Otherwise, it works well. No degradation seen at all on the other bands.

KC5MO Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2015 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Another great DXE product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this kit after working 60 meters while mobile and really enjoying it. The kit itself is easy to assemble in just a few minutes, but the adjustment is another story. One must take their time on the tuning part of the process and I can't stress this enough. Start with the 60 meter adjustment and get it where you want it, followed by 75/80 meters then 40 meters. My particular setup has about 1.5:1 from 5332 kHz to 5358 kHz and 5373 kHz and 5405 kHz are slightly higher around 1.7:1( my antenna is close to my house and not by choice ). I ended up with about 6-8 inches of whip sticking out of the resonator and the cap hat is about 3 inches below the top of the tube.
Just remember two things:
1) Take your time with the tuning process
2) Watch the R value and X value and NOT SWR when using a analyzer. Read about it on K0BG's web site. http://www.k0bg.com/match.html