Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-610TQ Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-610TQ
Alinco DR-610TQ Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $699.95
Description: VHF/UHF FM Twin Bander Mobile Transceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-610TQ.

KL3NP Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2001 15:50 Send this review to a friend
an update from my previous post  Time owned: more than 12 months
I previously posted on my ownership of the DR-610TQ. One problem I was having, as well as two friends with the same rig, was the inconsistent and "dirty" DTMF.

On a tip from a former Alinco technician, I was able to access inside the microphone the only VR in there and make an adjustment to all the rigs in question and now have them sending crisp and distinct DTMF. The radio now functions perfectly.

On a side note, I still believe that 2 improvements would make this mobile the absolute best:
1. An alphaneumeric display
2. A thermostatically controlled cooling fan

Thats it. All in all, a fine performer

NB3O Rating: 4/5 Jul 13, 2001 11:07 Send this review to a friend
On the Bench  Time owned: more than 12 months
The DR-610TQ meets all of the specifications as stated in their literature. This rig is one of the best choices for a general purpose dual band rig despite the 5 year old design. Alinco should consider a new edition with similar performance but with new features to include:
A separate packet radio connector.
Standard RJ-11 connections for the remote kit.
A bulkhead mounted antenna connector instead of the pigtail.
A larger heatsink made from a portion of the top or bottom cover.
Optional digital coded squelch system (DCS, not DSQ).

KC0M Rating: 4/5 Jul 7, 2001 08:44 Send this review to a friend
an ok rig  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like the 2 vfo's; I like the direct freq entry from mic along with the uhf/vhf uhf/uhf vhf/vhf features. What I don't like is when you use the reverse key it is for monitoring only will not xmitt along with the DR-610-tq not using auto shift for repeater freqs. All in all it is an OK rig just a few short comings.

73 KC0M

K5TMA Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2001 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I started with a used Kenwood TM241 in my car a year ago and have been looking for the dream dual-bander since. This radio is it and I enjoy every feature I've tried so far.
The buttons and (most) knobs are small, but they are easier to use than "combinations" that make one large knob do everything.
The IM rejection is very good in the suburbs, but I probably add the PAR filter soon for the "hot spots" in the city.
The ability to "control" it by remote is the PLUS for this radio.

KL3NP Rating: 4/5 Mar 26, 2001 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Great full-featured dual bander  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the 610 for a year and a half. It is a great rig. I like it's ability to do V/V, V/U, U/U or any combo thereof. The memory banks are nice: I can put ham bands in one, Commercial in another, Emergency in still another. It monitors the AM aircraft band as well. Plus, you can transfer banks of memories from one side to the other, quickly with just a button push. The cross-band feature works well. I have mine set up at home as a base station. A couple of misses: One, the finals cooling fan turns on as soon as the PTT key is hit; regardless of power level OR temperature. It comes on at the first hit and stays on. It is not thermostatically controlled, which I don' t like. In my home I can hear the fan running; which makes no sense o me: Its on even when receiving. I find myself constantly cycling the power switch to kill the fan. My rig, as well as two others friends own, all send inconsistent and somewhat distorted DTMF. Hitting the phone patch is iffy, sometimes can, sometimes not. It appears to be a glitch in the rig. Other Alinco models I own do not have this problem.
I would recommend this radio as it is. For the price, it is fully-featured.