Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | PAR Electronics Custom Filters Help

Reviews Summary for PAR Electronics Custom Filters
PAR Electronics Custom Filters Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$140-???
Description: PAR Electronics is known for excellent paging filters for V/UHF
applications, but custom designs are easily developed and
manufactured for quick delivery. Up to 1 GHz.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com/amateur.php

You can write your own review of the PAR Electronics Custom Filters.

K4TAX Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2016 06:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent support & performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used these filters some years earlier with a paging transmitter issue. Just recently the new public service digital simulcast system has started producing IM in my VHF receiver. I'm located 600 ft from their TX site. I contacted Dale and asked about price and availability. I received a very prompt response with all the info required. Advised him of the exact frequency I needed as I do own a spectrum analyzer. He custom tuned a VHFDN152 to the frequency and provided me an actual network analyzer plot of the response as the requirement was to pass both the VHF and UHF ham bands with minimal loss. The filter arrived 3 days after my initial contact and order. Installed the filter and the issue is 100% resolved.

Excellent service and product. Thanks Dale!

PLUMCREEK022 Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2015 21:41 Send this review to a friend
Par Electronics delivered a well designed UHF bandpass filter.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My new Whistler 1095 scanner did not perform well in a heavy RF enviroment. There was tremendous intermod interference in the 450-460 MHz frequencies, used by Onondaga County, NY for it Public Safety P25 Trunking System, known as the Central New York Interoperable Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network.
Upon reading reviews of different manufacturers of various kinds of filters, I decided to call Par Electronics. Dale answered the phone and I explained my situation, gave some info on nearby towers and various radio systems using high powered transmitters and their frequencies. Dale indicated that if 450-460 MHz was my only interest that a bandpass filter might be the solution. In a couple of days he emailed me with a proposal for a custom filter that would deal with the offending frequencies in the FM band up to NOAA weather radio frequencies. We completed the deal and in about 4 days the filter arrived.
I am very pleased with the UHF Bp3(450-460)HT
filter's performance. What was once unreadable on the scanner is now loud and clear. Dale was very pleasant on the phone and very efficient in delivering a product as well as very knowledgeable about filters and what customers need to make their radio equipment function properly.

N1TX Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2015 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Super service, cost-effective  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently installed an APRS digi at a site shared with a translator location for four FM stations. My initial testing suggested a de-sense problem, and I quickly found PAR as offering a potential solution. Dale and I corresponded on Monday, and a 7-pole Chebyshev high-pass filter seemed promising. The filter isn't ideal, but it has and average 30+ dB attenuation from 88 to 108 MHz. Whether or not de-sense was an issue, it's good practice to have at this site anyway.

And even better to know PAR Electronics was so responsive and affordable with a custom product. $154 with priority postage. I corresponded with Dale on Monday AM. He quickly offered a solution after modeling, said it would be a bit, since he was finishing some antennas, and I picked it up on Saturday at the post office. In Alaska. How's that for customer service?

Quality-built filter. Thank you.