Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | Array Solutions FilterMax 4 Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions FilterMax 4
Array Solutions FilterMax 4 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$975.00
Description: These filters are the famous W3NQN filters designed for
low insertion loss and low SWR across an entire band with
emphasis placed on maximum rejection of second harmonic
energy.
160M, 80M, 40M, 20M 15M and 10M. Filters for other bands
can be replaced. A unique feature which allows quick
repair of a blown filter and use of WARC bands filters
too!

The filters can be selected via front panel knobs,
remotely by applying +12 for each individual band to the
rear panel control connector, or by our new 4 wire control
interface which is the same control interface as the
Bandmaster III and EightPak.

All transmit filters are rated for 200 Watts.
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/filtermax-4

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions FilterMax 4.

K0MD Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2017 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Bullet Proof, Sturdy and Razor sharp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed better protection for my radios when I upgraded to so2r contesting and Dxing. I was getting some interference between the rigs with my BandPasser filters from Array Solutions. I had heard the new Filter Max IV filters were much better and sharper. I wrote Jay and he confirmed this for me suggesting I would notice an immediate difference.

The cost of the Filter Max IV is substantially higher than the BandPasser but repairs to the front end of my rigs would be more costly I realized.

I ordered one of the filters in time for the CQ WPX SSB contest and tested it during the contest running HP on two rigs. It worked flawlessly. No cross band interference except on the second harmonic from the lower rig. Even then, the signal was attenuated so much that it did not overload the front end. Wow!

The mechanical build of the Filter Max IV is amazing - twice the size of the BandPasser at least. It is easy to use with the same front panel push buttons for band selection and is powered off my 8-Pak antenna switch.

I plan to automate it in my station next.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Filter Max IV is the best bandpass filter available for serious DXers and contesters who want to run two rigs simultaneously. Its build is impressive - it is big, durable and very selective.

While it costs more than the BandPasser, it is bullet proof and worth the investment.

KB8O Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2015 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Myself and Doug AB8M just picked up a pair of these filters to run a multi-two station from my QTH. We have used a competitors single filters in the past with average success during FD and other events. The competitors filters still showed signs of out of band interference depending on bands... These filters are very well built inside and out. The rejection between 2 1200w stations with close in antennas is unbelievable. There isn't a place on the bands we both can't co-exist during a contest. I would buy this product again and we are 100% satisfied with the results !

Jay KB8O