Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Baofeng BF-530 I Help

Reviews Summary for Baofeng BF-530 I
Baofeng BF-530 I Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $30
Description: VHF-UHF + FM Hand-held

You can write your own review of the Baofeng BF-530 I.

AF5CC Rating: 4/5 Sep 24, 2016 18:52 Send this review to a friend
No complaints here  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a package of Baofeng HTs from a seller, and it contained a couple of models that I had never seen before, like a Baofeng A52 (I thought that was a DXCC country I still need) and the Baofeng 530i.

This model programs like a UV-5R, but is slightly larger, so the battery pack from the UV-5R won't fit on it. My battery is still holding a charge just fine, so haven't gone looking for a replacement yet. Not sure how much they cost.

The receiver in this model seems better than in the standard UV-5R, more like the one in the 8 watt model, which was definitely an upgrade. Receives broadcast band FM very well, and gets into the repeaters just fine, what more could you want. I didn't like the reverse display very much at first, but have grown to like/accept it.

The case looks nice on it with the yellow on black coloring. After selling off the other HTs, I ended up getting this one for free, actually better than free because I made more than I bought the package for, and still ended up with this HT. How cool is that-a free HT!

I received the 2m/222mhz antenna with it, not sure why, so I can't comment on what the stock antenna is like. I already had the UV-82R dualband antenna, so I use it on the 530i. I do have to admit, though, that the Baofeng A52 was a nicer looking HT.

It is truly amazing what dualband HTs go for today. Why spend over $100 on a Kenwood, Icom, Alinco, or Yaesu when this does everything I need. Just wish it was waterproof.

73 John AF5CC

EA4AZZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2015 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Cheap and fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over a 36 years as a Ham I have had a lot of v-u walkies like th75, th77 , IC W32 etc.
All top of line and very expensive.
This is my first chinese walkie and Im very happy because works great.
Now I have a VX8R that works fine and is the best walikie that I ever had.
I can receive the same weak signals with the Baofeng.
The Baofeng is plastic but have a good quality and the grip is perfect. Feel strog.
The receiver is fantastic but the manual is a total chaos. No have aprs no gps no full duplex no FM stereo but remember that the baofeng+external mic and hearphone+base battery charger + belt clip ......all for 30 euros including S/H from China to Spain .
If you want to buy all the Yaesu accessories for my VX8R you can pay more than 700 euros.
Im happy with this low cost talkie and I use all days.
Well the battery of my VX8R have only 8 hours of use in rx and tx. More than 5 days 8 hours a day with Baofeng.