Reviews Categories | Microphones | Icom SM-27 Help

Reviews Summary for Icom SM-27
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $129,00
Description: New microphone from Icom.

You can write your own review of the Icom SM-27.

W1WOW Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2016 18:12 Send this review to a friend
I like it - High Gain Desk Microphone  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased for use with an ICOM IC-7200 "Digital Camo" version. I painted the light grey section of the SM-27 the color tan to better match my IC-7200 in digital camo which is tan/green. Looks perfect and I like the stout construction of the SM-27. I've also noticed the mic element receives sound from both front and behind the mic element. It's sensitive, as in I don't have to speak directly into the microphone's face. This makes for a comfortable microphone that doesn't require you to slouch down to speak into it. Looks like a serious dispatcher desk microphone. I find that the VOX setting does not work on my IC-7200. I never use VOX and with the sensitivity of the microphone I'm not sure that you would want to. I think I may purchase the SM-26 for my ICOM IC-703/7000. Maybe not for everyone, but I'm selling my SM-30.

VE2DJ Rating: 2/5 Sep 19, 2015 13:31 Send this review to a friend
Does not work with Icom 7410  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried to use the SM-27 with the Icom 7410. It works as a push to talk, but not with the VOX. A cable will be required to get it working or a mod will be needed. The Icom 7200 does work. The advert on ebay listings mentions many models of Icom that will work.

VE2DJ Rating: 4/5 Sep 12, 2015 17:29 Send this review to a friend
New design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This microphone works with IC-9100, IC-7410, and other recent models. Will work with older models except the VOX does not work.