Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | LZ1AQ - Active Antenna Amplifier (model AAA-1C) Help

Reviews Summary for LZ1AQ - Active Antenna Amplifier (model AAA-1C)
LZ1AQ - Active Antenna Amplifier (model AAA-1C) Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $100
Description: This amplifier is intended for construction of small wideband active receiving antennas from LF to upper HF bands. The mechanical construction of the particular loop/dipole antenna must be performed by the user. This amplifier can use two separate small magnetic loops. These two loops are used also as two arms of a small electrical dipole. Thus 3 different antennas can be used. The amplifier has four remotely switched modes: Loop A, Loop B, crossed parallel loops A&B and dipole. Each mode can be switched immediately and this enables us to use the best antenna for the moment.
More info: http://active-antenna.eu/

You can write your own review of the LZ1AQ - Active Antenna Amplifier (model AAA-1C).

LZ1ABC Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2017 06:17 Send this review to a friend
I like it  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am using the amplifier with a single 1m loop and it works like a charm.
QTH is elevated ground floor in a 4 story block of flats. The antenna is on the terrace 5m away from the building. With my previous wire antenna on 1.8Mhz, 3.5Mhz and 7MHz I was having at least S6 QRN so was impossible to hear anything. With the active antenna I get S0-S1.
Can't say much about the design as I am not an engineer but for sure it enabled me to be active again.

Easy to assemble and install even from a non-specialist like me. You need a sufficiently long FTP cable (no coaxial needed), power supply and switches if you are going to switch between antennas.

73 de SP6/LZ1ABC