Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | microHAM micro2R SO2R Interface Help

Reviews Summary for microHAM micro2R SO2R Interface
microHAM micro2R SO2R Interface Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $329
Description: micro2R is designed for any amateur with two transceivers and any control interface. It is feature rich but easy to install and operate, provides automatic or manual control of headphone audio and transmitter selection, and is compatible with the automatic modes of all of the most popular contest logging programs.

You can write your own review of the microHAM micro2R SO2R Interface.

HA5X Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2018 03:46 Send this review to a friend
Quality product, excellent customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can only give you my first impressions. I needed an SO2R box, and this one looked to be the easiest to get hold of. I was considering kits but they were not available, building one from scratch is beyond my capabilities, etc. MicroHAM has two (three) SO2R devices, the MK2R(+) are nice and very feature-rich, but quite expensive as well. As I have CAT control (and audio interfacing) for both my radios, I only needed a more basic device which can deal with splitting or combining audio, CW keying and PTT, but not with radio control. So the u2R looked enough for my needs. I ordered the unit from the MicroHAM website one Thursday evening. Friday morning I got an email from Jozef OM7ZZ, saying that they don't have it on stock but that he commanded the manufacturing team to give it a priority. And indeed, the box was ready on Monday, dispatched by courier the same day, and delivered at my office Tuesday morning. In the meanwhile I had exchanged a number of emails with Jozef as I wanted to prepare the necessary cables by the time the box arrives. Jozef was very patient explaining all that was needed. Fantastic customer service. So I was already able to hook the unit up on Tuesday and play around with settings, then SO2R was in full action the following weekend!

The box is very nicely made, professional like all MicroHAM products I know. Setting up can be a bit confusing, but if you have had some previous experience with MicroHAM interfaces and the uRouter software, it shouldn't be an issue, I got CW (Winkey) work with N1MM+ logger in about 5 minutes. SSB was a bit more difficult, as it requires that you disassemble the box and set levels and a jumper inside the box to match your transceivers and the microphone you want to use. Also, it took me a bit to figure out how my soundcard worked, plus I was somewhat puzzled by the N1MM voice keyer which I had not used before. But after some struggle, it now works very well.

Micro2R (u2R) gives you a lot of customisation options, can work with contest loggers in advanced and automated ways, but you can also use it manually, and then it can also act as a CW/voice keyer with just its own software running.

Only slightly negative points are that you have to create your own cables (fortunately instructions are very clear), and that you need to do some settings inside (microphone/audio levels) inside the box. So if you want to replace the microphone you use, you may need to take the box apart. You can either use an electret or a dynamic microphone, which requires that you change the position of a jumper inside. Not a big deal it takes just undoing two screws, but forget about changing mikes on the fly during a contest.

It is still early, I am just taking my first steps in the SO2R world, but have plunged into two CW and one SSB contest and operating with two radios is easier and more fun than I had imagined and u2R is a great contributing factor in this pleasant experience.
N8BI Rating: 3/5 Nov 1, 2016 19:37 Send this review to a friend
Audio Record Compatibility  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used the unit for it's SO2R function and it worked well. I purchased it to replace my Top Ten for the record capability with my soundcard. Could not get the audio function to work. Support was very accommodating but no luck. Nice manual, 61 pages didn't help?
K6WSC Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2015 08:38 Send this review to a friend
Great SO2R INTERFACE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the microHAM micro2R SO2R interface on a Sunday, integrated it into my station, and used it the following Sunday in a CW contest.

The micro2R is well built, has a nice look and feel, and operated flawlessly in the contest.

I had no issues with the installation or configuration of the microHAM USB Device Router using the great micro2R manual.

I could not be more pleased with this great SO2R interface.