Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | W8IO 4.5 foot tall roof tower, Model 45-065 Help

Reviews Summary for W8IO 4.5 foot tall roof tower, Model 45-065
W8IO 4.5 foot tall roof tower, Model 45-065 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $310
Description: IO-45 Ham Roof Tower
More info: http://www.w8io.com/rooftower.htm

You can write your own review of the W8IO 4.5 foot tall roof tower, Model 45-065.

N3AJB Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2016 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just assembled the 4.5 ft model and was very impressed with the finished product. It is a very robust tower. All the holes were drilled properly and I had no problem with the assembly process. My Yaesu 800 fit perfectly into the pre-drilled holes on the rotator shelf. The same was true for the Yaesu thrust bearing mounted on the top of the tower. Roger did and excellent job of de-burring all the edges and holes. The hardware is stainless steel. I highly recommend this tower and its taller brothers.

W6RKE Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2015 20:59 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional purchase  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Due to antenna height restrictions, I wanted a sturdy tower which would be able to withstand high wind for my K4KIO hex beam.

When it came time to order my tower, Roger Cox, W8IO explained that due to harsh winter weather in his area there would be a delay in his being able to work in his shop and provided me with an estimated time of completion. The communication from Mr. Cox, was consistently first class, before, during and after the transaction. He provided regular updates and was able to compete the work ahead of schedule.

I ordered the tower with a Yaesu thrust bearing for my Hy-Gain Ham-IV rotor. When the tower arrived, it was properly packaged for safe delivery. The instruction manual is detailed with multiple photos showing assembly steps.

The material used for this tower is 6061 - T1 aluminum, all hardware is stainless steel.

I did run into an alignment problem between the thrust bearing and the plate for the rotor. The communication from Mr. Cox was 100 percent prompt and conscientious to ensure a proper result.

Since being installed, the system has withstood gale force winds and looks as good as anything I could have ever wished for.