Reviews Categories | Transverters | KX3-2M 2-Meter and KX3-4M 4-Meter Transverter Options Help

Reviews Summary for KX3-2M 2-Meter and KX3-4M 4-Meter Transverter Options
KX3-2M 2-Meter and KX3-4M 4-Meter Transverter Options Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description: The KX3-2M or 4M transverter extends the frequency range of the KX3 to include the 2 meter or 4 meter Amateur bands and allows reception on frequencies near those bands. Either the 2-meter or the 4-meter transverter may be installed. The transverter plugs into existing connectors inside the KX3. All KX3 functions and modes are available when using either transverter. The KX3-2M or KX3-4M transverter uses
a separate antenna connector that bypasses the KXAT3.
More info: http://www.elecraft.com/manual/KX3-2M%20FAQ.htm

You can write your own review of the KX3-2M 2-Meter and KX3-4M 4-Meter Transverter Options.

PA1G Rating: 4/5 Nov 13, 2015 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Verry nice but..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There is one problem I noticed. When using a computer running NAP3 on 2 meters the spectrum display is useless. The reason for this is that the I and Q signals are swapped on 2 meters. So you do have to swap it in the software to get it right. I contacted Elecraft about this and they were very helpful. I asked Elecraft if they will fix this problem in a software update. Technical answer from Elecraft is: "This cannot be adjusted at the KX3. The PX3 does the inversion when it is connected, and that is also required of any PC app or other device."

Unfortunately NAP3 is no longer maintained. So this is a bit disappointing for me. On the other hand I have listened to manny DX stations whith this transverter.

Pro's:

Nice components
Sensitive and low noise
Does not consume space on your desktop.

Con's

I Q swapped.

Overall is is a good add-on. I think I will add a hi-q band filter later. And I'm also going to add a Power Amplifier when the DC output on 2 meters is implemented.