- Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) Community

Call Search

New to Ham Radio?
My Profile

Friends Remembered
Survey Question

DX Cluster Spots

Ham Exams
Ham Links
List Archives
News Articles
Product Reviews
QSL Managers

Site Info
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement

Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | OK1QO Minijamb CW Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for OK1QO Minijamb CW Paddle
OK1QO Minijamb CW Paddle Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $35
Description: ultra light CW paddle, manufactured by Jan OK1QO
Product is in production.
More info:
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this review.

My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

You can write your own review of the OK1QO Minijamb CW Paddle.

IK1XPB Rating: 4/5 Jun 7, 2016 01:55 Send this review to a friend
Big bang for the bucks  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own it since 2015 Friedrichshafen hamfest.
It is not a Begali paddle of course but I paied it 30 euros for it !!!!!
I also got its miniaturized keyer which can be assembled inside.
Top performer for mobile qrp adventures !!
F4GFT Rating: 4/5 Nov 14, 2015 09:17 Send this review to a friend
best deal in mini paddles  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The OK1QO mini paddle must be the best deal in ultra light portable CW paddles. Hand-made by Jan Ok1QO, it weighs 40g and comes readily equipped with a 3.5mm plug. Spacing can be adjusted with a small screwdriver, while the return force is applied by two magnetic pills.
At $35 (2015 ham fair rate), The OK1QO paddle has no competition. Although the paddle could benefit from slightly stronger magnets to give better tactile feedback, it gets the job done nicely. Being built in a U-shaped enclosure, it must be mounted (using the 3mm hole drilled for that purpose) with the closed side upside to avoid dust from entering. It lacks the magnetic fixture the PalmPaddle provides, but then again, both are not in the same price category.
I use a Scheunemann portable Paddle at home, which has far superior mechanics and a considerably more precise tactile feedback, but despite its name, it is not portable, or at least not as portable as I'd like it to be when outdoors with my FT-817. That's where the OK1QO paddle comes in. I see it this way: I make more than 90% of my contacts at home, so 90% of my budget should go into my stationary paddle. For the remaining 10%, the OK1QO paddle suits my occasional /p-needs more than appropriately.

If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions about Reviews, please email your Reviews Manager.