Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs
Balun Designs Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$78.95
Description: Model 4932 4:1 / 9:1 Unun 2kW (2 in 1 new design)
More info: http://balundesigns.com

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs.

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2017 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Best of the best  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have about 7 baluns and ununs from Bob at Balun Designs and not going to review all of them but they all score a "5".

Bob understands how to build a quality balun and have never had an issue with anything he has sold me.

KE5JWC Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2017 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I will not say the name of the company that provided the Balun on my HexBeam but, needless to say, it let me down very rapidly. Bob, owner of Design Baluns, was recommended to me and I contacted him right away. He advised which Balun would be best for me. I ordered it, got it right away, attached it to my Hex and voila! Now my Hex is 100% improved. Best Balun for the job!!

K3LRH Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 16:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Balun  Time owned: more than 12 months
....I use the 4:1 5KW current balun on a 80M-6M OCF wire antenna. Has worked flawlessly for many years. Opened it up a while ago and the inside was just like new. Can't expect any more than that. Highly recommended.

KG6YV Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 15:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
About two years ago I bought a Balun Designs 5kw balun for my OCF dipole. Excellent well built product. When I need another balun I will buy from this company....

WC4R Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Ultimate balun  Time owned: more than 12 months
40 years playing with wire antennas. So much junk is out there. Balun Designs is an amazing product with exceptional customer support. I have used numerous balun models from BD, all have greatly exceeded my expectations and solved my antenna feed issues. Granted I do over-buy such as getting the 5KW versions, but I like headroom. Worth every penny for headache free operation. Others use the same theory and architecture but BD adds value with attention to detail.

AF5U Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2015 16:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have purchased other models from this same company and I have made my own. However, mine never turned out as well as BalunDesigns mechanically. Yes, mine worked but this company makes the best. This one is a new design that I have not seen elsewhere. I can feed high impedance unbalanced antennas using the 9:1 or 4:1 terminals - but not all the same time of course. The box also has a ground terminal on it and you may opt out of wing nuts rather than hex nuts like I did. All hardware is stainless steel. So why did I purchase the 2kW model when I am a QRP guy? It was not available in QRP and the 2 kW model is more mechanally robust.