Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-250 Dummy Loads Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-250 Dummy Loads
MFJ-250   Dummy Loads Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: The MFJ-250 Versaload proides a versatile method of loading a RF transmitter

You can write your own review of the MFJ-250 Dummy Loads.

K0KAV Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2004 14:56 Send this review to a friend
It does what it's supposed to.  Time owned: more than 12 months
A very good dummy load. Mine has always sat there [out of sight] and did nothing, as well as it can be done. I have ran 2200W into it without a problem.
KE6KQV Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2004 02:42 Send this review to a friend
This is the one to buy  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excellent dummy load. I have read many complaints from people who buy the air cooled units only to have the load get hot. Take a look at the power disappation chart from MFJ and you will quickly see that this is an excellent product. I filled mine with mineral oil so I could empty it with out the trouble of disposing of transmission oil.
KC2HZW Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2003 22:14 Send this review to a friend
Reliable Unit  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I purchased this unit the first thing I did was pull out my VOM and measure the resistance. At 47 Ohms it was in tolerance so I filled it per instructions and hooked it up to my amp. Tune up is a snap and it barely gets warm. Once in a while I have to wipe the top of the can around the vent, otherwise it is a zero maintenance accessory. Dummy loads are so cheap I wish everyone would use them, I really hate listening to people tuning up on the bands. Better yet, write down your plate and load settings for each band and you will rarely need this item. MFJ got this one right.
KC6VCH Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2003 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: more than 12 months
We don"t a whole lot about dummy loads.
the power rating is better than specified.
I recommend this one !
N6VUJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2003 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Works like a charm.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Works like a charm.

I filled it to about 3/4 of a pint shy of a gallon to allow room for expansion.

Then placed it in a bucket with a lid just in case it ever leaks.

I used a hole saw to cut a hole in the lid for the coax to pass through.
KQ4JF Rating: 4/5 May 22, 2002 17:48 Send this review to a friend
I would give a 5 but!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It is a good idea to check the 50 ohm resistor with an ohm meter just to be sure before buying a dummy load as it will not give you the correct wattage reading.I was checking the wattage output of my SB 200 after purchasing new tubes and it was off. I called a friend of mine and he suggested checking the dummy load. I checked and found my resistor reading about 75 ohms. Emailed MFJ and they promptly sent me a 50 ohm resistor to replace it with. So that was great. So far it works great!