Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | DX CONNECTION QSK-2500 Help

Reviews Summary for DX CONNECTION QSK-2500
DX CONNECTION QSK-2500 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $379
Description: QSK 2500 Transmit/Receive Switch:
Converts any HF Amplifier to QSK (full break-in) without amplifier
modifications
Amplifier independent: Adds QSK to new amplifiers as you upgrade (no
need for QSK in new Amps)
Compatible with all HF transceivers supporting QSK (full break-in)
RF Power: 2500 Watts CW/SSB/Data modes at < 1.5:1 VSWR (1500
Watts at < 2.5:1; 1250 Watts at < 3.0:1 )
Duty cycle: Continuous
More info: http://qsk2500.myfreesites.net/

You can write your own review of the DX CONNECTION QSK-2500.

N8MUS Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2017 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Smooth as silk QRO QSK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bill,
Got the QSK-2500 hooked up between my Ten Tec Orion and my old SB-220 and it is working great! Does everything you said it
would.
The
SSB QSK is a surprise. I was net control on Saturday and that was an interesting addition.
CW is amazing now and for both really like not hearing that old relay in the SB-220! At least not nearly as much.... I am sure this will extend the life of that relay.

Super Happy with the unit I will be using the amp
a lot more now!
Jon N8MUS

K8AC Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2016 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the QSK-2500 with my Ameritron ALS-1306 and have had no problems with it. It functions as advertised and is a big improvement to the operation of the 1306 amp on CW. Here are some observations (not complaints) regarding the installation:

1. The unit requires 16-24VDC, so you need to use the supplied wall-wart.

2. The relays in the unit are not silent, but are pretty quiet.

3. The unit is very compact and light weight compared to, say, the Ameritron QSK-5. With the number of cables connected to the unit, it can be difficult to keep it upright and sitting on all four feet.

N4KS Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2016 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had it hooked up and on line within five minutes of receiving it. It worked flawlessly right out of the box. Very little relay noise from it. Nothing negative to say about it. Outstanding QSK operation! Highly recommend it.

N4PY Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2015 04:15 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought an ALS 1306 sold state amp and wanted to add QSK. I first tried an Ameritron QSK-5 and it did not work out well at all. It changed the SWR too much.

Then I saw a review of the DX Connection 2500. I called Bill on the phone and we talked about this unit. Bill is a very nice guy and is very helpful. It was immediately obvious that this was the device I needed. I received it and it now provides excellent, quiet, QSK, with my amp and Flex 6500. It even works well on 6 meters. It changes the SWR very little which is critical for using a solid state amp.

N2PD Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2015 20:59 Send this review to a friend
Great little box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using this QSK switch for several months. Have a K2/100 driving a SB-200 amp. The QSK is now as smooth with the amp in line as it is using the rig barefoot. Support is excellent. This unit does exactly what it's supposed to so and flawlessly. Highly recommended.