Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | O. C. White Deluxe 2-Joint Microphone Arm Help

Reviews Summary for O. C. White Deluxe 2-Joint Microphone Arm
O. C. White Deluxe 2-Joint Microphone Arm Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $249
Description: Double-jointed, extended reach microphone arm. 46 inch
total reach, 12" riser.
More info: http://www.ocwhite.com/broadcast-arms/proboom/proboomtm-deluxe-three-segment-mic-arm-46-reach-12-vertical-riser.html

You can write your own review of the O. C. White Deluxe 2-Joint Microphone Arm.

N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2015 12:35 Send this review to a friend
this is the real deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had another manufacturer's "topless" boom for a while, but first the clamp broke, and then the internal springs got loose, and my mike would drift down while I was operating.

I needed a replacement, and I was tired of the offshore crap. I bought this O. C. White boom, and their "table clamp," and it is a whole different world of product quality.

The boom is no-nonsense, made of heavy steel box and almost U-channel. It is also a "topless" design, so you don't have to take your plugs off to fish the cable, but unlike my old boom, the "topless" section is more like box channel with a slot cut in it, rather than stamped U channel. The plastic wire covers snap in for the entire length. This makes the boom stiffer, and also means that there is no way that the covers are going to pop off the top of the boom, in fact, I'm a little afraid it will be quite difficult to remove them should I ever need to replace my mike lead.

The springs are bright chrome and appear to be very heavy-duty. The mike mounting stud appears to have been machined, not cast. The bottom of the boom -- the section where the boom meets the base also appears to be machined and not cast. It has a nice American flag "Proudly Made In America" sticker on it.

One of the things that impressed me was attention to detail. For instance, the machined mike stud had a hole drilled in the bottom of it. This allows the Electro-Voice 309A shock mount to be used on the mount -- it would not work well on the "other" product until I drilled a hole in the middle of the mike mounting stud. It's clear O.C. White listened to customer feedback to make this microphone arm "plug and play" in pro environments.

I did not buy the 12" vertical riser, instead I bought the table clamp. This is a solid piece of cast iron and seems like it weighs over a pound. I think my desk will break before the table clamp!

The entire setup cost about 50% more than the other vendor's offshore-sourced topless boom, but I am convinced that it is good deal because of the build quality. This is pro gear, not a toy. Call me impressed.