Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Palstar DL150HP Dummy Load up to 2500 watts Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar DL150HP Dummy Load up to 2500 watts
Palstar DL150HP Dummy Load up to 2500 watts Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $795.00 USD
Description: The Palstar DL150HP was born out of the need for a dummy
load that allows for more time to tune your amp at high
power. Most dummy loads don't have the real world power
load capability needed by Ham operators who run high-
power amplifiers.

The Next-Generation Palstar DL150HP Dummy Load for
amateur radio rated at 1 to 60 MHz can handle up to 2500
watts for up to 1 minute, and up to 600 watts for 100%
duty cycle. The DL150HP has thermostatically-controlled
dual fan cooling, so the fans only run when needed.

Source: http://www.palstar.com/en/dl150hp/
More info: http://www.palstar.com/en/dl150hp/

You can write your own review of the Palstar DL150HP Dummy Load up to 2500 watts.

KE0XS Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2017 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect 50 Ohms  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased the DL 2.5 HP which is similar to the DL150HP in that it handles up to 2500 watts for 1 minute and 600 continuous. I believe it's different in that tighter tolerance resistors are utilized and there isn't any capacitance padding to tweak the 50 Ohm load. It measures a perfect 50 ohm on my Fluke 289 through 2 feet of RG213. Build quality is excellent and yes it's 1-60 MHz. The packing was very secure and arrived promptly.

Wattage measurement in comparison to two Bird meters a 43 and 4410A shows 200 bird and about 220 Palstar (close enough). Bird shows zero reflect watts. The same difference using 500 or 2500 scale.

The four pin mic plug used as a power plug is nice so it doesn't have the potential to pull out if moving it around on the desk or pulling it out.

Is it overkill...probably. It's high quality and I'll never smoke another dummy load again or kick over an oil filled load.

Can't speak to the dual fans as they haven't kicked on which is no surprise but they're there if needed.

Buy once CRY once!

WD8DAS Rating: 2/5 Mar 17, 2016 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Front panel says "150 MHz" but really only 60 MHz  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

When I received my DL150HP I was surprised to read in the manual that the upper frequency limit is 60 MHz.

The dealer info showed 150 MHz when I ordered it (after I raised concerns I checked and now it shows 60 MHz). The front panel is silk-screened with "150 MHz" and the photos being shown on the dealer websites are marked the same. Very misleading.

If you want to use this load on LF and HF it would probably be fine, but beware of the misleading information about 150 MHz operation.

AE5GG Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2015 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Another GREAT Palstar Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Once again I tried to order an Alpha product (Alpha 4040 before this one), and once again they failed to deliver. I called in May about the Alpha 2000 Dummy Load, they told me it would be 2-3 months before they would be in stock. So I waited and then placed an order #18518 on 7/13/15...and they said it would be 2-3 months before it would ship...then I called in August, then September and in September they said it would be "yet another 2-3 months." I cancelled my order and did what I should have done in the first place and that was to buy from Palstar who delivers on time and even better...they have it in stock!

I ordered the Palstar DL150HP through Ham Radio Outlet. Their price on 12/9/15 was $674.95. I purchased it and Charity Milam of HRO ensured that it arrived before Christmas (it was a present).

Well, I ran it through it's paces and it works as advertised. I ran a consistent 600 watts for 15 minutes using various modes and bands then I kicked on my Amplifier (an Alpha 9500 that I LOVE!) and took it to 1600 watts AM and FM. The fans kicked in after a few minutes of operation and cooled the Palstar DL150HP down properly. It's simple to use, looks great, and I am very proud to have yet another Palstar product in my shack.

Why wait 6 months for some products when you can have an excellent American made Palstar product within a week or so? Wish I did it sooner!