Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | Amateur Radio Supplies ZS6BKW Help

Reviews Summary for Amateur Radio Supplies ZS6BKW
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $120
Description: Optimised G5RV for 80, 40, 20, 17, 10, 15 etc.

You can write your own review of the Amateur Radio Supplies ZS6BKW.

WB4TJH Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2017 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Vast improvement over G5RV  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had this antenna up only a few weeks and so far, I am very pleased and impressed with its construction and performance. I had a regular style G5RV up for a couple of years, and it worked OK, but required an external transmatch for use. This ZS6BKW version has low SWR on several bands and the limited built-in tuner in my radios handles it perfectly. I usually build my antennas, but after looking this one over, it is so heavy-duty constructed, I opted for the factory built model. I have the delux one with the 1:1 balun at the end of the balanced feed line. All connections are sealed n epoxy and totally weatherproofed and super strong. I have never seen a wire antenna built to such high standards of durability as this one. I would not hesitate to recommend this model to anyone looking for a multi-band HF antenna. Mine also works very well on 60 meters with an external tuner. 75 meter SWR is a bit high, but this antenna is not really designed for 75 and I use a 135 foot dipole fed with balanced feed line for 75. I have the ZS6BKW antenna at a right angle to my longer dipole and it gives me very usable options for finding the strongest signals. I doubt you will find a more heavy duty factory made wire antenna than this one. We have a lot of wind and chance of heavy ice storms here in the Ozarks, and this antenna should have NO problem in weathering most anything mother nature can throw at it. I doubt you can build this one at home any better than the factory made model. This is one Grade A, heavy duty antenna and should give good service for many years in extreme weather conditons.
VK3ZT Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2015 21:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Multi-Bander  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this antenna for over a year and I find that it works very well on 40 and 20 metres. You will require a good tuner on 80 metres as I believe that it is an 8:1 match down there. Thankfully for me my radio has a 10:1 matching tuner.

On 40 metres in the afternoon I can work operators around 2,000 kilometers away and once into the USA. On 20 I can work the world depending on conditions. A beam this is not. Though I have worked Wales in the UK on 100 watts. Which is the greatest distance to date. Though I was very weak and so were they. Marginal at best.

I have not used it on the higher bands as the conditions have not been there when I was available.

On 40, 20 metres and others it is a good match of less than 2:1.

If you are in the market for a multi-band antenna. Have a look at this one. It arrived well packaged and has put up with a number of storms of high winds and rain. Very well built and packaged.

The antenna was purchased with the 1:1 balun though have been told that I did not require one. The antenna has been running successfully for the past 12 months without a balun.

Give it ago. I think you will be very happy with this antenna.

Warm regards,