Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Amateur Radio Supplies ZS6BKW Help

Reviews Summary for Amateur Radio Supplies ZS6BKW
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $120
Description: Optimised G5RV for 80, 40, 20, 17, 10, 15 etc.
More info: http://www.amateurradiosupplies.com/zs6bkw-g5rv-antenna-s/65.htm

You can write your own review of the Amateur Radio Supplies ZS6BKW.

VK3ZT Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2015 21:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Multi-Bander  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this antenna for over a year and I find that it works very well on 40 and 20 metres. You will require a good tuner on 80 metres as I believe that it is an 8:1 match down there. Thankfully for me my radio has a 10:1 matching tuner.

On 40 metres in the afternoon I can work operators around 2,000 kilometers away and once into the USA. On 20 I can work the world depending on conditions. A beam this is not. Though I have worked Wales in the UK on 100 watts. Which is the greatest distance to date. Though I was very weak and so were they. Marginal at best.

I have not used it on the higher bands as the conditions have not been there when I was available.

On 40, 20 metres and others it is a good match of less than 2:1.

If you are in the market for a multi-band antenna. Have a look at this one. It arrived well packaged and has put up with a number of storms of high winds and rain. Very well built and packaged.

The antenna was purchased with the 1:1 balun though have been told that I did not require one. The antenna has been running successfully for the past 12 months without a balun.

Give it ago. I think you will be very happy with this antenna.

Warm regards,