Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Green Heron RT-21azel Help

Reviews Summary for Green Heron RT-21azel
Green Heron RT-21azel Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $889.00
Description: The RT-21 is a universal digital controller that can be user configured for motor voltage and position feedback. It will operate any commercial amateur rotator being built today, and virtually any rotator ever built. It has both Azimuth and Elevation controllers in one package. It provides for both USB and Serial connections.
More info: http://www.greenheronengineering.com/RT_Overview.php

You can write your own review of the Green Heron RT-21azel.

G8RWG Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Great controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Green Heron az/el controller for my SPID RAS/HR after struggling with the MD-02 unit. The MD-02 unit suffered from losing azimuth and elevation synchronisation whenever I transmitted with high power into my 2m VHF array despite using seperate screened cables for the azimuth and elevation sensors.

The controller is very well made, simple instructions and software to setup and get running. Works well with PSTRotator software.

W3SZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2016 09:11 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this controller because my previous controllers from another manufacturer [separate for Az and El] consistently lost pulses, so that I would have to recalibrate my controllers for both Az and El after every moon pass. The Az controller was particularly problematic with 5-10 degree loss every moon pass. This was in spite of my using shielded large conductor rotor cable as recommended by the manufacturer.

With this controller I have not lost any pulses, and there has been no need to recalibrate at all. The aiming of my 2 x 2 2MXP32 array remains spot on after many moon passes. After my previous experiences, I have found this to be just amazing. This controller has exceeded all of my expectations, and my only regret is that I didn't think to purchase a Green Heron controller years ago.