Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Collins KWM-1 Transceiver Help

Reviews Summary for Collins KWM-1 Transceiver
Collins KWM-1 Transceiver Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $770.00
Description: The Collins KWM-1 was a breakthrough SSB/CW transceiver introduced in 1957, is considered an engineering marvel. It covered 14-30mc in 100kc segments, VOX and CW break-in, and 100 watt output all in a compact package capable of fixed station or mobile. Accessories include 516F-1 AC/516E-1DC supply,312B-1speaker,312B-2speaker/wattmeter.

You can write your own review of the Collins KWM-1 Transceiver.

WS5C Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2016 15:26 Send this review to a friend
A Collins breakthrough transceiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I noticed that there was no prior listing or reviews of the Collins KWM-1. In order to preserve this xcvr for history, here it is.

KWM-1's are now 60+ years old and becoming increasingly rare. I believe that the KWM-1 is the most fascinating Collins piece that I own.

I purchased this KWM-1, 516F-1, & 516F-2 in 1986 from K6POK (now s.k.). It was recently returned to the air after being on display and has performed unbelievably well.

I have not been on CW by choice. Tried several hi-impedance mics, and for me the D104 gets best reports.

The rig needs a little warm-up time, then it settles in nicely! Great nostalgia to operate, takes up very little desk space, and a conversation piece. I intend to try it on 17m & 12m for fun.

I am sure these transceivers are out there, lets hear them!