Reviews Categories | Filters, AC Line | Tripp Lite Isobar Surge Suppressors Help

Reviews Summary for Tripp Lite Isobar Surge Suppressors
Tripp Lite Isobar Surge Suppressors Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2, 4, 6 or 8 outlets with isolated filter banks to eliminate interference between connected equipment. Heavy-duty line cord and all-metal housing which won't burn, crack, or melt. $50,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance.
More info: http://www.tripplite.com

You can write your own review of the Tripp Lite Isobar Surge Suppressors.

K9MHZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2013 18:19 Send this review to a friend
Very nice items!  Time owned: more than 12 months
All I could ever find, even at Fry's, were the cheap plastic Chinese no-name brands that churned out terrible quality suppressors/filters. There were such crap, and quite pricey for what you received. Too, anything made by Monster is so overpriced and overhyped with snake oil claims, it just isn't worth it. Tripp Lite then came out with their line, and my immediate reaction was one of genuine relief. A transparent display model was shown at an AES store, and you could see the build quality right there. These items are terrific and very well made. In operation, they're cut my shack noise level to an almost non-existent level. The previous interference experienced by my Icom HF rig is now completely gone.

I couldn't be happier with this line of products.

WE1X Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2011 21:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using two 6-outlet Tripp Lite Isobars (one in the shack and the other in my home office) for well over 15 years with no problem. The quality of these units is simply outstanding.

Regarding the insurance coverage Tripp Lite and other manufacturers offer: read the fine print. Apart from the manufacturer determining whether it's product failed, just about every policy will require your homeowner's insurance to pay for the loss. If that coverage is not sufficient then their policy will kick in. Bottomline: marketing gimmick. However, with that said I would have no hesitation purchasing another Isobar. Again, great stuff.

W2EM Rating: 2/5 Aug 13, 2011 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Not happy with company  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years back I had a computer and a few other devices hooked up to a Tripp Lite Isobar Surge Suppressor that got a power surge and were destroyed due to lightning hitting the power grid. (Lightning storm & power knocked out) Even though Tripp Lite advertised that they insure your equipment they refused any claims as did the power company.

Just be aware that you may not receive any support from the company if you do have problems.

The device may or may not be better than any other on the market. I now stay away from any Tripp Lite product due to my experience with their false advertising. Your mileage may vary.

W9CW Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2011 15:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I thought that since it had been a number of years since a review, I would through in my two cents! I have four Isobar Ultra Surge Suppressor, the six outlet variety. Two for the ham shack, one for the home theater gear, and one for the family room TV system. They are built like tanks, and work very well. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any surge related damage to any equipment.

Yes, they cost more than the average surge suppression outlet strip, but they have much more surge suppression components in the design other than a simple MOV. Highly recommended.

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2005 18:52 Send this review to a friend
Bulletproof!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using these in commercial applications, and in my shack, for many years now with excellent results. I've *NEVER* seen one fail in normal use, and you could drive a truck over it and probably only chip the paint! I've seen them clean up problems that other "supressed" plug strips couldn't handle, both blocking noise/spikes/crud coming in, and stopping noisy equipment from polluting the power line it's connected to. They cost a lot more than the cheapies, but you can pick up good, clean, used ones on eBay for very reasonable prices, and these are truly a case of getting what you pay for.
Excellent product!

N6VI Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2001 08:22 Send this review to a friend
Reliable industry standard - helps RFI  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Isobar series of surge suppressors is well known for protection of connected equipment from spikes and surges on 120 vac mains. The additional appeal to hams is that each bank (pair) of outlets in a box has successively more emi filtering (to over 100 dB @ 1 MHz on larger models) so as to provide rf isolation among pieces of connected equipment as well as from the outside world. I started using them at my six-position multi-multi station in Hawaii (N6VI/KH6) when I had accessories that put noise into my hf receivers or were affected by rf from the transmitters. In each case, plugging the affected device and rig into different banks of the same Isobar outlet box cured the problem.

I use these extremely rugged outlet boxes everywhere - I even got one for my wife's chip-controlled sewing machine. I've been fortunate to have not suffered any line-related equipment failures, so I don't know about the process of collecting on Tripp Lite's equipment "insurance", but I consider no news to be good news. In any case, if you're going to use power strips in your station, stay away from the cheapies (I've had plenty of problems with those) and put in one or two Isobars.