Reviews Categories | Transmitters: Commercial/Military/Marine adaptable to ham use | Gates BC-1T AM Broadcast Transmitter Help

Reviews Summary for Gates BC-1T AM Broadcast Transmitter
Gates BC-1T AM Broadcast Transmitter Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 1000W Plate Modulated Commercial BC Transmitter, Pair of 833s modulated by a pair of 833s.

You can write your own review of the Gates BC-1T AM Broadcast Transmitter.

KA4KOE Rating: 3/5 Jan 15, 2016 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Classic BC Transmitter  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The "T" is a relatively common 1000W transmitter manufactured in the late 50's to early 60's. My "T" was built in 1961 and was sold to WAWA 1590 KC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It was later sold to WNOS 1450 KC, New Bern, NC. The transmitter was sold to a private individual who kept it in storage until selling it to me in April 2015 in unrestored condition. I commenced restoration at that point and am still in process to that end. Photos are at my Flickr Album....

My brother KK4TVR and my friend W4REQ powered up the "T" for the first time on 21 Dec 2015. No major issues were noted but there is still work to be done. See the video of the power up on Youtube

I am rating this transmitter as a "3" because it has not emitted RF on the amateur bands as of the date of today's review. I intend to convert the unit for usage on the 160 and 80m bands after it is working properly on its last commercial frequency of 1450 KC. The "T" will become my primary exciter for Amplitude Modulation operations at that time.