Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | SDR RECEIVER MODEL SDR-KC9QLE-1 Help

Reviews Summary for SDR RECEIVER MODEL SDR-KC9QLE-1
SDR RECEIVER MODEL SDR-KC9QLE-1 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: COMTRONIX-USA

150 KHZ to 1.2 GHZ Software Defined Receiver
Zero IF – Direct Conversion
20db Gain RF Amplifier on board.
Exclusive driver circuit and improved cooling for lower
noise.
Software switched HF / VHF / UHF BAND Selection
No noisy up-convertors
No fiddling with offset frequencies.
USB LSB AM CW FM DIGITAL MODES

Using HDSDR and SDR# Freeware SDR software provides notch
filtering, noise filtering and noise blanking. Two
waterfalls and an “S” Meter are built into HDSDR. This is
amazing software that provides a RF Spectrum Analyzer
Waterfall display as well as an Audio Spectrum Analyzer
Waterfall display. Screen Shots of the Spectrum Analyzer can
be captured and saved to a .jpg file.

Multiple notches can be placed in the Waterfall to eliminate
unwanted signals, “Tuner Uppers” and adjacent channel bleed
over “Alligators”. The notches can be as wide or narrow as
you need to get a clear signal without interferers. Audio
bandwidth can be tailored by rolling off lows and highs.
Eliminate bleed over signals 2Khz away. Audio can be
recorded and played back.

In SDR it’s all about the receiver, any transmitter will be
just fine. Why spend thousands of dollars for something you
all ready have. No fussing with microphone audio settings,
that is a problem with the expensive SDR rigs.

The RTLSDR Receiver uses the Realtek RTL2832U Chip that is
so popular for SDR. Rock solid performance, that delivers
performance almost as good as a $6,000 rig. Follow what is
being done on Redit forum.

Included:

RTLSDR Receiver
CD with step by step pictorial manual and all the software
you will want.
One USB cable, to connect to your Windows or Linux PC.
Technical support.

Freeware you can use with this SDR:

PSKPAL
EasyPal SSTV
CW Skimmer
FLDIGI
JT65 – HF
Scanner software in SDR#
Digital Speech Decoder P25 and DMR
Several SDR Software Programs

You can write your own review of the SDR RECEIVER MODEL SDR-KC9QLE-1.

KG9D Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Works great,customer service is outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tom walked me thru the install very patiently we got it going and i was really enjoying its performance.My computer was on the floor and i accidentally got my foot wrapped around the cable and it dislodged the connector on the receiver.I mailed it back and Tom repaired the unit.Use a resonant antenna or an antenna tuner for best results.

N8AUC Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2016 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's an unassuming little box. But the capabilities are pretty amazing for the price you pay.

I use this with a dual core laptop with 4GB of RAM, and Windows 7 Pro. Copy the supplied DLL to your hard drive, start up your software of choice (I use HDSDR) and you're up and running.

The sound quality is really good. It listens to almost everything from DC to daylight. When I connect it to my full size 40/80 meter fan dipole, it pulls in everything that is there. When I connect it to one of my VHF/UHF verticals, I can see the entire 2m repeater band at one time. When the waterfall shows a signal present, click on it, and bingo, you hear it. I have yet to experience any overload with this receiver. But I don't recommend transmitting near one. It's bad for the internal preamp.

QRM near the signal you want to hear? No problem. Click on the filter skirt and drag it to where you want it, and the QRM is gone.

This will give you a nice taste of what SDR is like, with a broad frequency coverage, without breaking the bank.

I really like mine, and given the combination of ease of use vs capabilities vs cost, I'd buy one again.

73 de N8AUC
Eric

KA1W Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2016 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Great receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been talking with more and more SDR operators using Flex and Anan radios and I wanted to see what SDR was all about. I wasn't ready to drop that kind of money right out of the gate however. I purchased the Nooelec RTL and up converter and used that for a while. I was not real happy with the issues of the Nooelec SDR receiver like sensitivity and selectivity. I found Thomas's RTLSDR radio on ebay and put my order in. He includes a CD with everything you need to get up and running and his customer service is outstanding.
I added a bandpass filter and a antenna tuner as he suggests and it helps with selectivity of unwanted signals. The sensitivity is outstanding.
Thanks Thomas well done

KA7NGT Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2016 22:27 Send this review to a friend
my first venture into an sdr, works pretty well.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was able to set up my laptop with no problems once I followed the directions! Plays good, audio is nice and I like the spectrum display. I'm running HDSDR software. It is sensitive to antennas however, as you really need to be pretty resonant to the particular freq your on, to minimize harmonics. Still, for the money it's a lot of radio no doubt.

KC9QLE Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2016 08:24 Send this review to a friend
AMAZING PERFORMANCE  Time owned: more than 12 months
Using this SDR for three years now. It's almost addictive. Bought on QRZ.com and have a lot of fun. SSTV, Digital Voice, Panadapter Waterfall, and so much free software. Also seen it on eBay.