Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | AntennaDinamica 4 elements yagi special Help

Reviews Summary for AntennaDinamica 4 elements yagi special
AntennaDinamica 4 elements yagi special Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $3690 Euro
Description: 4 elements antenna from 10m to 40m
4 elements 10-40m
3 elements 30m
2 elements 40m
More info: http://www.dynamic-antenna.com/

You can write your own review of the AntennaDinamica 4 elements yagi special.

F5UKW Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2016 08:32 Send this review to a friend
My best antenna so far  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm the owner of the Antenna 4 special since march 2014.

There is no dealer in France for Antenna Dinamica, and I contacted them directly in Italy. I spent many time to compare performance as claimed by each manufacturer (DB18E for SteppIR and UB40-MX). My decision to take this 4 elements Yagi Special was because there was no other antenna able to get 3 elements on 30 meter and 2 elements on 40 meter.

Regarding performance, this antenna exceeded my expectations. It's hard to challenge against' a 3 elements beam, so this antenna on 30m is just the queen of the beam.

On 40m, it's outperforming my previous 40m phased vertical (2 verticals) antenna with 64 radials.

On 20 up to 10m, it works very well, I would say on 10m & 12m, space between elements does not help to improve front-to-rear ratio, but it's good enough to have same performance as my SpiderBeam 5 bands.

Regarding material used by Antenna Dinamica, I have been really surprised to find such good quality materials. I also ordered this antenna because I'm used to get many troubles because of high Winds I get at my QTH. The antenna already passed test with some wind at 130km/h at 8m high.

I knew the antenna didn't come with a regular Controller, which mean you need to have a permanent computer on to switch bands. In my opinion, Antenna Dinamica should offer the possibility to get a controller.

I got a small issue to deal with one of the motor because my computer was used to crash sometime sending wrong information to the controller. I would suggest people to use an inverter for both ADController & computer.

Motors run smoothly, without any problem to switch from 10m to 40m position. It generally takes less than 45 seconds to unfold completely wires for low bands.

As you will see on picture I provided, construction of motors is really solid, and reliable. It's completely impossible to get some water in it.

SV1JSO Rating: 1/5 Jan 17, 2016 14:59 Send this review to a friend
Only problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
It was time for my first real antenna. I called a Greek dealer looking for a small dynamic antenna. Actually I asked for an ultrabeam moxon antenna. He told me that AD was better and order a 3 elements 6-40m. After 7 months I received a 4 elements because if I want a 3 elements I would have to wait more. The antenna came but was not complete. After some days another package came with the rest of the parts. Packaging was simple and some of the packages were open. Nothing lost but the antenna was missing some parts and screws that never come so I bought them or made them. Antenna electronics tested before went up and seems to worked. Unfortunately the same did not happened when was on tower. The antenna seems to work ok for higher bands (10-12-15) but in lower bands the electronics had trouble to unfold the wire. As it turns out the adjustments in stepper controllers was faulty. The same first day also the main element malfunction and the wire did not wrapped but went bulk in the box. After that a lot more problems. From month to month the controllers burnt one after another. One of the motor housing turn into an aquarium. The contacts in the motor housing with the antenna element is also unstable...
The local dealer could not help and he turn me to talk direct to the factory. The communication with the factory was problematic and slow. Still waiting new controllers from the summer of 2015!! The antenna is now only 20m antenna (and not a stable one).
You can see photos from the antenna here: http://www.hamgr.com/main/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=12:Antennadinamica%204%20elements&Itemid=64

I will make a detailed review and I will post again.
if you need a reliable antenna stay away.