Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Motorola HT750 Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola HT750
Motorola HT750 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $Motorola HT750
Description: The HT750 radio is the affordable solution for professionals who require a rugged and reliable radio to stay in contact.
More info: http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/

You can write your own review of the Motorola HT750.

KMG-356 Rating: 4/5 Oct 13, 2002 10:32 Send this review to a friend
HT750 - good radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like the ht750. It is small, durable, and simple to use and program. I have owned a HT1000 and MTS2000. The ht750 is much smaller and lighter. The only downside to the radio is the dust cover over the assesory outlet is screwed on. Making adding or removing assesories time consuming. Overall I give the radio a 4 out of 5.

9V1-- Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2002 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Handy as it should be  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice to hold, solid construction (but not as solid as GP-300)....

Expensive accessories with gold-plated plug...

Batteries lasts longer than expected.

output at 4W, but more effective than Gp-300

FTFDEMT120 Rating: 3/5 Jan 3, 2002 00:47 Send this review to a friend
Might be a good Ham substitute, but not for public safety  Time owned: more than 12 months
This does not necessarily concern the Motorola HT750, as I have never used one, but my fire department uses a member of the HT Series, the HT1250. I used to be excited about these radios until we received them and I started using them. I believe that compared to the HT1000 I personally own and the old HT90's we used to use, the audio quality is poor. These models do have the display (as I believe all HT1250s do). One radio's display in particular is all scratched up, almost to the point where it is difficult to read the channel name. I personally am afraid to drop the speaker microphone. It almost looks like a kid's toy, and I feel that if it is dropped, it will shatter into a million pieces. I personally wish my department would have went through the extra expense of buying HT1000s. I believe that the HT1000s are a much better quality radio, both in ruggedness and reliability. Other than the problems I have mentioned, the HT1250 is a decent radio, it just has some flaws. These radios, if I remember correctly, were purchased in November 2000.

KB4TPP Rating: 3/5 Nov 6, 2001 03:16 Send this review to a friend
Okay radio- not bad, not good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you are like me, you demand high standards from your portable, so you use Motorola. I recently acquired a UHF HT750 and decided to try one of the new "Waris" series Portables. First impression: cheap radio, feels like an SP10/SP50.The X-pand compression sucks- had it turned off. The RX audio is still nowhere near the freq response of my HT1000. Guess this is due to the physical size. It still runs cirlces around any ham HT. I don't like the flashing red LED (can be disabled in RSS). It does have a long battery life (have the HNN9013 Li-Ion battery on mine) that goes for a couple of days between charges. The radio performs okay...it just lacks the feel and construction of say, a Jedi or even a Genesis series portable. For the price, it is decent. Still outtalks and outlasts any ham HT, but an HT1000 or MT2000 would be a better choice.
Not a bad Motorola, just not a very good one.

W4BRI Rating: 2/5 Aug 26, 2001 01:36 Send this review to a friend
Example of Motorola's Decrease in Quality and increase in price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The HT 750/1250/1550 Series Radios are a premium example of what happens when you decide to forget about what the basis of radio communications is. How well you transmit and receive. Poor transmit and even poorer receive plague the new HT series and the CDM series radios. Receive audio and transmit audio also hinder their performance as well. They are smaller and the batteries are better, but they lack the durablity of the Saber, Astro Saber, MT1000, HT1000, P200, HT600, MT1000, MT2000, and MTS 2000 radios. I will say that Motorola's worst radios still beat ANY amateur duty radio made.

Motorola needs to go back a few years and look at what they did and start doing it again!

INITZERO Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2001 15:53 Send this review to a friend
Built Like a Tank, Nice Audio, Strong Battery  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wish ham radio manufacturers would pay more
attention to Motorola's commercial radios.

True, ham radios are shrinking in size and increasing
in features but they aren't making great strides in
battery life, audio quality or durability. Those are
things Motorola has had locked up for 50 years.

Specifically, the Motorola HT750 is indestructible,
sounds great and the stock battery never dies.

I've been using it in a non-ham capacity (453 mHz)
for a couple years now. I've dropped the radio. It
has rolled around in my trunk for days at a time.
Living in Florida, both me and the radio get soaked
several times a summer during the rainy season.

The battery will easily last three days without a
charge under a normal mix of listening and talking.

One of the best features of this radio is the audio
quality. It is always loud and clear. When I still
have my convertible, I could hear the radio with
the car's top down at highway speeds. I couldn't
even hear the stock car stereo over 45 miles an
hour but the HT750 was good to 70mph. Try that test
with your Yaesu, Icom or Kenwoood.

Motorola knows radios and has for decades. I wish
it would start making ham equipment or the ham
manufactures would imitate Motorola's success.