Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Palomar Engineers Help

Reviews Summary for Palomar Engineers
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $varies
Description: Ferrite and Iron Core Power Products for Radio Communication, and Antenna Products
More info: http://www.palomar-engineers.com

You can write your own review of the Palomar Engineers.

WD4ED Rating: 3/5 Jun 1, 2017 22:42 Send this review to a friend
Poor Communications  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a bunch of RFI Chokes from them a while back. They work well and as advertised. BUT... when I tried to order again it didn't work out so well. It required emailing them as there was no way to buy directly online. No response forever. Maybe a month or so later I got a response. In order for a company to make money and function it does require a fast and reliable way for customers to actually buy from you. This area really needs a lot of work. There are hams running a single person business as a part-time job doing better at it.

N3PS Rating: 3/5 May 31, 2017 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Poor Communication . . .   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This past Winter, I went overboard on some RFI remediation for my shack. I found Palomar had a great selection of ferrite products at a good price and dropped hundreds of $s with them over multiple orders. I had a few problems with some of the orders, which Palomar resolved . . . however, they DO NOT return any phone calls and responses to emails are far and few between . . . the new owners definitely are trained in technology as opposed to business Sad

I have since found more customer focused suppliers . . .

KM4OBL Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2016 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Products and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a new ham, and I recently set up my HF station in an apartment environment with substantial RFI/EMI problems. I recently ordered Mix 31 clamp-on ferrite beads from Palomar Engineers.

The product was shipped promptly and extremely-well packed for shipping. Upon receiving the product, I clamped some of the beads onto the antenna feed line leading to the tripod-mounted antenna I use on my balcony. The product lowered the effects of RFI/EMI, as expected, but what I did not expect was that the product also significantly lowered the SWR reading obtained by the antenna tuner built into my TS-590SG.

I have clamped a few of the beads onto my USB cable and will use more on other cables. All in all, I could not be more pleased with the quality and effectiveness of the product, and also with the service provided by Palomar Engineers.

There are cheaper split-beads available in the marketplace, but I have seen spotty reviews of those products and many unsatisfied customers. With Palomar's products, I feel confident I made a solid investment in a quality product that will provide dependable performance.