Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Ham Supply Yaesu Illuminator Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Supply Yaesu Illuminator
Ham Supply Yaesu Illuminator Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$19.95
Description: Assembled & Tested Yaesu Illuminator 3 LED board gives you all the light you need, even in daylight!
More info: http://www.hamsupply.com/yaesu-illuminator/

You can write your own review of the Ham Supply Yaesu Illuminator.

K5YY Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2017 21:05 Send this review to a friend
excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Quick shipping, well packed. Installed it after reading the instructions and it took 10 minutes total. Only problem is the Clam Shell design of my G1000SDX did not want to release the TOP part and I found that there were 9 screws and not just 7 as instructions said and those two unmentioned screws were keeping the top part of front panel attached to the inside metal housing. The two halves of the housing do not pull apart like a clam. Had to pry open slightly to unscrew those 2 HIDDEN inside screws after forcing the front panel forward towards me. Result was in reassembling the two halves of the housing the top has a slightly widened separation of about 1/8th inch. Tried pushing hard on the inside metal bracket with a screwdriver and still not complete closure of the front housing, top portion. No problem since I usually have some small item on top of the rotator control anyway. So, Ham Supply OK but Yaesu design makes it hard to separate the clam rotor control box with the hidden internal top screws... Great lighting now after 12 years of having none! Well designed product and reasonably priced. This is the only practical solution for that internal original bulb that goes bad in a short time. Mine lasted a year.

W8GJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2017 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Just what the doctor ordered!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was not looking forward to troubleshooting my Yaesu controller when the bulb went out. When I removed the housing, I was further troubled by the looks of having to disassemble the entire indicator mechanism to get to the bulb. A little searching online eventually brought me around to an eBay listing for a replacement light board. It sounded like it was exactly what I needed and the price was right.
After I finished the 20 minute installation, I don't think I have ever been more pleased with a purchase. It was simple, elegant, affordable, and did exactly what they said it would. Bravo!

WF6L Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2017 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Quick fix!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A quick fix for my GS 800 Rotor control...

WB2NVR Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2017 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Great value and performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the LED kit a few days after I ordered it by USPS. Took less than an hour to install, and it looks great! Looks much better than it did with the original lamp.

Bob WB2NVR

WD5FUN Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2017 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Fixed a naging problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I tried all kinds of lights trying to fix the G800SA when the worthless Yaesu light went out. The Ham Supply Yaesu Illuminator is better than the original and is very easy to install.

K4JPN Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2017 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the illuminator kit for my G-800DXA rotator and had it installed in about an hour, excellent instructions and a great improvement over the pilot light.

N7GCO Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2017 23:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Replacement  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The light went out on my Yaesu 1000, which made it very hard to see. The Ham Supply Illuminator makes it brighter then it was originally. The instructions and photos for installing it were excellent. So even a non techie like me had no problem doing the install. I really appreciate them bring this product to market. If your Yaesu rotator light goes out, this is really the way to go. You will not be sorry.

K8ZOG Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2017 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Wow!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needed to replace the bulb in my G-1000DXA, Yaesu is worthless for getting a new bulb, I had found the Ameritron amp overlay on www.hamsupply.com and bought that, I noticed at the time he had a light kit for my rotor box. I went to the site and ordered the kit, 2 days later I had it in my hand, Install was very easy and the light is very bright. Another awesome product from Ham Supply

WO2X Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2017 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Works great, easy.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wanted to replace the dead bulbs in my Yaesu G-1000DXA controller. Came across the illuminator kit from Ham Supply. Ordered it and received the kit in 2 days.

Installation was very straightforward and easy. I do recommend using the color pictures on their web site instead of the black & white ones on the documentation included with the kit.

Well worth the cost for an easy to install replacement for the cheap bulbs Yaesu used.

WB6MMV Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2016 10:15 Send this review to a friend
G800SDX lighting improvement  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this kit from Ham Supply for my G 800SDX rotor. The kit is very well made and has very thorough instructions for installing the kit. The lighting improvement is outstanding; the led is around a 5K kelvin color which is far better then the old bulb.

I recommend this for any of the Yaesu rotors.