Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Diamond MV3A Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond MV3A
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: mobile antenna
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/

You can write your own review of the Diamond MV3A.

N2GQL Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2004 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna on my Nissan Sentra for about 4 years now and it has always performed flawlessly. I primarily use it on 40 and 20 meters, but have also used it on 15 and 10 with good results. I have been able to work mobile to mobile between New York and Virginia, and worked most of the US at one time or another. Best contact on this antenna has been St. Petersburg, Russia.

After four years the antenna still looks new.

DA1TJO Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2000 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After considering similar antennas I settled on the MV3A because many other people had great reviews on this product. It installed very easily with comet mount and tuned up immediately. I have received numerous great reports with 100 watts using Icom 706 mobile. SWR was perfect on 2,6 & 10 meters...minor adjustment for 20 mters. Very happy and would recommend to anyone not wanting to put up the larger screwdriver models. I have owned an outbacker before and although I great antenna in its own right, I did not like having to stop to change bands and it was pricey. Tha ham sticks work great also but again limited to one band. Best 73..

W4BEN Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2000 11:03 Send this review to a friend
Works great, hard to break  Time owned: more than 12 months
In the five foot class it works tops, the 1.5 SWR spread is:
40m - 50kc 20m - 90kc 10m - 300kc 6m - 3mz (with SSB stub)

I have hit my garage with the antenna up numerous times with NO apparent damage! And it didn't change its tune!

It gets out better than the Atas 100 I also have. And where it goes it goes instantly.

For a maintenence free antenna for HF its pretty great.

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 1999 23:58 Send this review to a friend
A great, low profile antenna for my Aurora  Time owned: unknown months
Being the first new car I've ever owned, I thought I'd never put a ham antenna on my '98 Aurora. When I did decide to "desecrate" it, I was looking for an antenna that gave reasonable performance without being too "ugly." I started with Diamond's M-600 "streamline" mount. It looks nice and holds the antenna well. I then added Diamond's HV/VHF duplexer to go with my IC 706. I now have resonators for all bands except 15. Useable (2:1) bandwidths are 40 (80), 20 (120), 17 (full band), 10 (1 Mhz), 6 (SWR just 2:1 at 50.125), 2 (don't know but works fine even with modest 20 wat output of '706). Performance seems good on all bands (better than former Hustler resonators). Have worked Eastern Europe and Japan during my lunch hour. I usually fly 2 resonators and have no problem, physically or otherwise. 73