Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Tera TR-590 Help

Reviews Summary for Tera TR-590
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$149.99
Description: Dual Band VHF/UHF 200 Channel Handheld Commercial Radio
More info: http://www.powerwerx.com/two-way-radios/tera-handheld-radios/tera-tr-590-dual-band-commercial.html

You can write your own review of the Tera TR-590.

AE7PS Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2016 08:56 Send this review to a friend
OK so far..  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought one 7 months ago from HRO. I am not a power user, but it seems to work well with standard FM repeaters. I get good audio signal quality reports using both the internal mic and the cheaper external speaker/mic. Some minor issues: 1. For my car I wanted to use an external mic, but use the internal speaker. This is not possible with this radio, since the external mic and PTT circuits are hooked to both input connectors. 2. My radio would not program out of the box. HRO was willing to take the radio back but suggested a reboot first. After the reboot, operation was normal and programming software worked fine. 3. My battery died just out of the 6 month warranty. Cost me $37 to replace. Ouch! Batteries America wouldn't touch it. I would suggest running a load curve just before the 6 month battery warranty runs out so you can return it if necessary.