Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | MyAntennas EFHW-4010 4-Band End Fed Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for MyAntennas EFHW-4010 4-Band End Fed Dipole
Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$130
Description: 40-20-15-10 Metre End Fed Dipole
More info: http://myantennas.com

You can write your own review of the MyAntennas EFHW-4010 4-Band End Fed Dipole.

K0UNX Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2016 05:20 Send this review to a friend
Works as expected to replace individual dipoles for these bands  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a single, multi-band dipole, but didn't have a way of mounting a traditional dipole at this location. An End Fed dipole only requires two attachment points, and was the way to go for me. After install, I found the SWR to be commensurate with the values advertised by the manufacturer. The antenna exhibited low SWR on 40, 20, 15 & 10 Metres, and was easily tuned with the internal tuner in my Flex 6500.

INITIALLY, reception was TERRIBLE on all bands, with horrific noise. I sent e-mail to the manufacturer, including screenshots of the noise from my panadapter and waterfall. The manufacturer [correctly] diagnosed my problem as CMC [Common Mode Current] on the feed line, and suggested adding a Common Mode Choke. He recommended this choke: http://myantennas.com/wp/product/cmc-330-1k/ . I ordered it, and two days later it arrived. The choke COMPLETELY solved my noise problem, and this antenna now is a solid performer. Having a single 4-band antenna allows me to have four slices open on my Flex 6500 at one time. I couldn't be happier with the result!