Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Maxcon OCF Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Maxcon OCF Dipole
Maxcon OCF Dipole Reviews: 22 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Hand-built off-center fed dipole complete
and ready to hang with 3KW 4:1 current
balun. Operates 10-12-17-20-40-80 meters
without tuner exhibiting low SWR. Total
length 123 feet (88x45).
More info: HTTP://WWW.MAXCONUS.COM

You can write your own review of the Maxcon OCF Dipole.

K4VW Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2017 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna and Dealer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Antenna works as advertised. Below 2:1 on all bands but 75 meters. I have to use the ATU above 3.700. Had problems on 40 at first by mounting the common mode choke directly to the 4:1 balun. Added 10' RG-213 between the two and resolved the problems. Maxcon is great to deal with and for the price you can't beat this OCF Dipole.

K4KZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2017 10:08 Send this review to a friend
Works as Advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the 80m OCF on October 3, 2017. It arrived 2 or 3 days later in the regular mail. On October 21, I finally got around to installing the OCF. Iíve been a ham for 40 years and as others have said, I usually build my wire antennas-but not in this case because of my need for a multiband antenna. I had to install the antenna 200í from house (to avoid HOA issues) in a wooded area. Took about 20 minutes to raise (45í) and tie down this antenna. Walked back to shack and checked the antenna on all bands. To my pleasant surprise, the antenna works on all bands and has a low SWR.

W4WTH Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2017 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Really good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a ham for 20 years and have always built my own hf antennas and this time around i decided to purchase a ready made one. I chose this Maxcon OCF antenna due to a friends recommendation as he is not easily impressed :-) ,,,sorry Mike but it is true. I received it in the mail, unboxed it and gave it a good look over. The builder of this antenna is obviously a experienced operator and builder. It is built for longevity, minimal hardware equals minimum problems later. It is real easy to handle and install. The antenna is resonant on every band he claims and is a strong preformer on 20 and 40 meters. It is also very usuable on 80, 17 and 10. I have made long distance contacts on all these bands with rig power of 100w. If i needed another wire antenna i would definitely order another one. One thing to note,,,take the builders advice and fashion yourself a current choke at the feedpoint so you do not have the feedline radiating with the radials. I slid on a few ferrites over the rg8u at the feedpoint and thats all it took to get the RF out of my radio room and nobody wants that or a dipole that radiates like a tripole. If you need a wire for permanent or portable use, do yourself a favor and get one of these. I have mine installed 40 foot up at the feedpoint and the ends of the radials are bout 15 feet up from the ground at the ends in a inverted V.

VE3GLA Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2017 07:02 Send this review to a friend
Works exactly as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At my vacation cabin, I needed an off center fed dipole because of where my trees were located in relation to the cabin. I also needed multi band capability. Based on the good reviews at eHam, I purchased the Maxcon 80 meter OCF dipole. It worked exactly as advertised. I'm very happy.
I've put up many, many dipoles and other wire antennas in my 40+ years as a ham --all of them homebrewed. This was the first one I've purchased commercially. I was not disappointed. Recommended.

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2017 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Produce... Aims to Please!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second review of the Maxcom OCF dipole. I put my first one up about a year ago. It worked fine for about a year and then quit, unexpectedly (running 1.2 KW on 75 with 2.6:1 SWR... could be?). I placed a call to Milton at Maxcom to get his suggestions. He returned my call in 48 hours. Together, we went through a list of items to check which I had already done. Power & elevated SWR was not the problem, per Milton. He came to the conclusion that the balun had failed. He immediately offered to send me a replacement. I said, "Are you sure? Would it be more fair to go halves on it? Do you want me to send the failed unit back?" Yes - Not necessary. - No. The replacement arrived within 72 hours. It is now in place

I had recently ordered Maxcom's Line Isolator since the one I had designed a year ago wasn't all that effective. The isolator does a great job. All the Radio Works "line isolators" are now out of the feed line. Milton's unit appears to be sufficient. I did notice slight changes in SWR: 3.770 2.2:1 (from 2.6:1) 7.2 1.6:1 (from 1.3: 1), 14.2 1.1:1 (from 1.5:1). 18 and 28.5 MHz remained low. 21.3 now 1.7:1 (was 2.2:1). Hastily gathered signal reports remain the same. The OCF at 45 feet (apex) and 10 feet at the ends continues to be best for NVIS while my GAP Voyager vertical dipole is better for DX.

My bottom line remains excellent product and great service. I'd buy another one.

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2017 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Works on 11 meters too.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hooked up an old C.B radio to the antenna for the fun of it. All "channels" were at 1.5:1 SWR or less. So add 11 meters to the list. To date... my Maxcon antenna and isolator are working great.

KC9WWM Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2017 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this up for 7-8 months in a inverted V 8 ft off the ground on one end 12 ft off the other apex at 50 ft. It performed OK. I moved it to a flat top at 80 feet and its three time's the antenna before. Unbelievable Results, what a Great Antenna for Little Cost Byrnzie KC9WWM P/s I have 4 wire antenna's up right now and its my number one, it was my number 3.

W4JCW Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2017 05:31 Send this review to a friend
As Advertised!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had it up for several month's now and it has low SWR on the bands that it covers. I replaced a 80m dipole with it and can't tell any difference on receive/transmit except that it covers all the bands with NO tuner. I have it mounted at 70 feet flat top, feed it with LMR-240 and find it to be omni directional and low noise. Construction is of high quality! I may not put my hexbeam back up and I'm not sure I can justify it now. Thanks Milton...a very nice product!

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2016 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna and service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed the OCF-3K80 with the Maxcon Isolator. Everything works great. Perfect SWR on 80/40/20/17/15/10/6 meter bands. Well constructed to last and quick with return emails. I'm very happy with this purchase.

W4IV Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2016 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Best so far !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After fighting with G5RV type wire antenna's, using manual or auto tuners, I decided to try an OCF Dipole. My installation is not exactly great, with the apex at only 20'. I must say I am impressed. My SWR readings taken with an MFJ-259b meter match the supplied instructions almost exactly. Here are my readings. 3.5mhz/2.6:1, 7.1mhz/1.0:1, 14.2mhz/1.0:1, 18.1mhz/1.4:1, 24.9mhz/1.4:1, 28.5mhz/1.4:1, 50.1mhz/1.6:1. My 80 meter resonance was a little higher at 3.7mhz where the SWR was 1.5:1. Great antenna. I constantly get good reports, and on 20 meters it seems to hear better than my th3mk3 tribander that is mounted just above it on my tower. P/S, Milton also sells a line isolator that's works quite well. I am 100% happy with my purchase. Thank you Milton.