Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Maxcon OCF Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Maxcon OCF Dipole
Maxcon OCF Dipole Reviews: 24 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Hand-built off-center fed dipole complete
and ready to hang with 3KW 4:1 current
balun. Operates 10-12-17-20-40-80 meters
without tuner exhibiting low SWR. Total
length 123 feet (88x45).
More info: HTTP://WWW.MAXCONUS.COM

You can write your own review of the Maxcon OCF Dipole.

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2016 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna and service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed the OCF-3K80 with the Maxcon Isolator. Everything works great. Perfect SWR on 80/40/20/17/15/10/6 meter bands. Well constructed to last and quick with return emails. I'm very happy with this purchase.

W4IV Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2016 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Best so far !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After fighting with G5RV type wire antenna's, using manual or auto tuners, I decided to try an OCF Dipole. My installation is not exactly great, with the apex at only 20'. I must say I am impressed. My SWR readings taken with an MFJ-259b meter match the supplied instructions almost exactly. Here are my readings. 3.5mhz/2.6:1, 7.1mhz/1.0:1, 14.2mhz/1.0:1, 18.1mhz/1.4:1, 24.9mhz/1.4:1, 28.5mhz/1.4:1, 50.1mhz/1.6:1. My 80 meter resonance was a little higher at 3.7mhz where the SWR was 1.5:1. Great antenna. I constantly get good reports, and on 20 meters it seems to hear better than my th3mk3 tribander that is mounted just above it on my tower. P/S, Milton also sells a line isolator that's works quite well. I am 100% happy with my purchase. Thank you Milton.

W4FSA Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2016 01:35 Send this review to a friend
As Advertised  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Having HOA issues, I installed the OCF in my attic, it required several turns to reach full legnth. I immediately noticed that I was hearing better than my ancient Hustler and have received consistent favorable reports. Attic mounting means you will have feedline and coupling issues. A Palomar line choke solved the feedline and ferrites on various devices were required to remove AC coupling gremlins. The antenna is well built and looks to give many years of service in it's HOT but protected environment.

K3AFR Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2016 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As others have said, I usually build my own wire antennas...but when Milton offered his OCF for $54 I had to buy/try one. Again as others have noted...for the price, you cant hardly buy the materials and build one yourself. Heck you cant really find a good balun for $50 these days. Anyway the antenna works Super! And has great materials and top notch workmanship! I can't say enough about it. I bought mine to go portable with my Yaesu FT-991 which has a wimpy internal antenna tuner. So I wanted something that would have good swr. This antenna does that in spades. The antenna is easy to transport, and easy to deploy. And after shooting a line over a tree limb about 40' I had the antenna up and working in no time. I worked the world on 10, 20, and 40 meters...including Australia on 100 watts! I liked the performance so much that when I got back home from vacation I put this antenna up at my home qth. I like it so much that I'm leaving it up here and just ordered another from Milton. This OCF is a winner!

W9RNA Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2016 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a all in one HF antenna. When I came across the MAXCON Maxcon OCF-3K80 dipole. I read the comments here.And tought I would give it a try.
The antenna came in a couple of days USPS. I took down a home brewed trap dipole, and put the OCFD in it's place. The apex is at 35' and the ends are at about 10'-12'. The swr on the 80m band is from 1.1 @3.500 to 1.9 at 4.00 mhz. On the other bands the antenna is just were Maxcon said it would be.
At first when I installed it. The bands were in a really bad shape. But even then I could see the antenna was up to the task. I am glad I came across this antenna. And for the money,I could have not bilt one as good. The balun is very well made and it looks like it should last a long time. If you have the space for this type of antenna,I strongly suggest to give it a try.

KC5HKW Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2016 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Maxcon OCF Dipole is even better than I expected. Construction is impressive and SWR on all bands is incredibly low! The internal tuner on my FTDX 1200 is only needed on 80 meters. All other bands (40-6) can be used with no tuner at all! Beats the G5RV I've been using the last several years all to pieces! Great company to do business with. Couldn't be happier!

N9CHM Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2016 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Super quick-deployment antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought one of Milton's Maxcon OCF-3K80 135' dipoles for my new QTH. It was a quick way to get back on the air after moving, before I had a chance to re-build my "antenna farm".  This antenna is very well built and works exactly as promised. The SWRs are below 1.3 on most bands, except for 17M, which is still usable at 1.8, without a tuner. Instead of an air-wound choke at the feedpoint, I used 8 x 1" snap-on chokes which I had in my junk box, they worked fine, as seen by the low SWRs and zero feed line radiation. I'll probably by another Maxcon just to keep in my junk box, as a back-up should storms (or falling tree limbs) take down my other antennas. It would be an excellent "quick deployment" antenna for emergencies, as it's the best non-home brewed antenna I've ever had in my almost 40 yrs on the air!

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2016 14:49 Send this review to a friend
good performer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Usually build my wire antennas but when Milton had them on sale for $54,it was cheaper than buying wire,balun and insulators.Have a home brew W8JI design ocf also, which has been superb.It's running N/S so put up the Maxcon E/W about 15 ft. below the other.Just worked Heard Is. on 30M with it.The swr is 1.3 and is as low on all bands from 40 and up.Only use the tuner on 75/80.Well-built and should last many years.Highly recommended.

NY1S Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2016 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Everything hoped for  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my new Maxcon OCF-3K80 135' dipole in the mail this week... I got right to work getting it hung up about 30' in a tree outside of the shack, running the ends parallel to the ground to other trees. It has been years since making a contact on 80 meters... right off the bat I was making new contacts with excellent signal reports from my aging Kenwood TS-130S running at most 100 watts out. Results have exceeded expectations as well on 40 and 20 meters. The product is very well made. For my money, this is the best all around wire antenna you can own. Beats the end fed Zepp I was using hands down.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2016 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Works very well!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this antenna about 3 weeks back, had to change things some to install the antenna, installed it today, am coming up on 76 things don't go fast for me anymore, got the job done the antenna works great, low SWR on 80-75-40m right where I wanted it on those bands, good SWR 0n 20-17-12-10m meats or exceeds what Maxcom said it will do. Its 33' at the apex an 15' on the short end and 12' on the long end would not fit if it were longer. Had a little problem with the balun enclosure, called Maxcom they could not have been nicer an were over the top on getting my isue resolved am a very happy camper! I have used a MFJ 2014 OCF, thought It worked good.
the MAXCOM SMOKES it by a huge margin, its strong, light, an works close to a single banded resonent dipole in A/B testing that I did, an it giving you 7 bands.......73s.........kb6hrt