Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | EAntenna EA270ZB9 Help

Reviews Summary for EAntenna EA270ZB9
EAntenna EA270ZB9 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69
Description: Dual band yagi VHF/UHF
More info: http://www.eantenna.es

You can write your own review of the EAntenna EA270ZB9.

ON4LG Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2016 06:47 Send this review to a friend
A great pocket size antenna for satellites!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About 2 months ago, I decided to get my chance on satellites (FM as a start, SSB later).

As I had good experiences with Eantenna products in the past. I looked at Rodrigo's EA7JX catalogue to find a low profile, light weight antenna with enough gain to catch the "birds".

As a beginner on satellite, and don't really know if I will like that aspect of the hobby, I dedicated a small budget on a tiny satellite station. My choice went to the 9 elements dual band yagi EA270ZB9. It's a 4 elements on VHF and 5 elements on 70cm fed with a single coax. Boom is about a meter long and it weights only a bit more than a kilogram. A 13 elements version exists as well.

The antenna was in stock and delivery was organized the day after my order. I also order 25 meters of low loss coax cable at Rodrigo's web shop (www.hamradio.es).

Immediately after reception of the box. I built the antenna. Very easy job. Box was including a parts list and all necessary hardware. Even spare screws and other rings "just in case". Process took me less than an hour.

The antenna was installed on a push-up mast (build by EAntenna as well) with a fix elevation around 25. An old TV rotator I have for years was used to turn the yagi.

I was QRV and starts making QSO on SO50 and AO85 FM satellites. 2 weeks later I started on SSB sats like AO73, XW2A, XW2C and XW2F.

Actually I never miss a QSO when I'm QRV on satellite pass. This is just fascinating!

Yesterday evening, on XW2C, right after a qso with UY2RA in CW, I made a simple test by calling CQ and see at what elevation of the sat I will loose my signal on downlink. In fact, I lost the copy of my own signal when XW2C was at only 2 elevation over the horizon. Amazing!

Thanks for the great job, Rod!

73!