Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER
ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER Reviews: 238 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1,499
Description: This new HF plus 6 meter 100 watt transceiver hosts new
capabilities and technologies for its class. Instead of
the conventional superheterodyne system, a direct RF
sampling approach is used. The brilliant TFT touch screen
provides complete operational status including a stunning
real-time spectrum display with waterfall plus a useful
audio scope display. There is a built-in tuner. Other
features include: Voice memory, 15 Band Pass Filters,
CW/RTTY memory keyer functions, RTTY decode, SD card
slot, USB for CI-V and audio I/O, digital noise reduction
and 101 memories. Only 9.45 x 3.75 x 9.37 inches
(240x95x238mm). Supplied with HM-219 hand mic, DC power
cord and fuses.
More info: http://www.icom.co.jp/world/products/amateur/hf/ic-7300usa/

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER.

KE2TR Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2017 05:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent compact station rig!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the 7300 from my dear wife for my birthday and have been hearing soo much about this radio I just had to have one. Its a fantastic rig and replaces a 746Pro as a back up radio, the main rig is an FTDX3000 which I purchased back in 2013 after having tried a K3 and TS590s. The 3K is my contesting rig cause it has some features which are needed in some operating conditions plus IMO a more stout RX section when the band is full of multi multi's on 75 meters. The Icom is a close second but I chose to use it more for casual DXing and its excellent for rag chew cause the audio on RX and TX is superb. It is really not far behind the FTDX band far better than the 746Pro but there are some fine points like the use of the NR and NB sections, when properly adjusted the NR will make copy on signals far better than any NR control even the 3K, clear signals can be received without any artifacts. Plus when you are adjusting the NB carefully you can get it were it dose not open up the RX section which when you get into a suburban environment this is a real operating plus. All other controls work as they should and its soo easy to get to use, almost no manual is needed. I plan on making this radio one I can travel with
plus possible remote operation. This radio has sold more than any radio in history in just over two years time and I can see why, Icom hit a home run plus the price for how well this radio's basic performance produces is unreal. Its cause such a stir that Elecraft has to compare the $1300 7300 against there $3K plus basic K3s and yes is the K3S better in lab tests yeas but in real world use not as much as you would expect plus Icon sells this and get this caption as an Entry Level Radio!!! Now I see why they have sold around 20,000 7300 radio's world wide in two years, great stuff!

W5FZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2017 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Mostlhy Great Radio Set  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
All the functions seem well designed. Lots of fun using this set. One difficulty in all of it was the occurrence of interference or carrier on about every 20 KHZ on 160 meter band. Switched over to my FTDX3000 and there was none. Same Power supply and antenna. Otherwise this seems a very nice radio set for sure. Will check further with ICOM.

G7UTB Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2017 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used this radio from new almost exclusively for digital modes on 160-10m. I bought it originally for use on 4m. I have yet to really use it for phone modes. Using HRD, WSJT-X, and EQSL for control and logging. Cobweb antenna for 20-10m and an inverted L for 160-30m. I have a digital modes station that with a few mouse clicks is almost fully automatic. I can chat locally or 'ragchew' with another continent with my FTDX-5000, while working the world with the IC-7300. I'm happy with my choice, Thank you icom

M0KFO Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2017 21:24 Send this review to a friend
Does the job  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
There isn't really anything to say that hasn't already been said. Excellent radio, yes there are better, but not at this price range. The scope is a joy to have.

You just need to use the CD manual or do a bit of Youtube viewing to get the best out of it.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2017 20:11 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had some neat radios since 2000 this my only hobby hmmm am accessed with HAM radio..., Had most all the HF radios out there over the last 5 years, was looking at another FT3000D at the last min changed to the ICOM 7300, glad I did. After having a FT5000D then a FT5000MP an a FT9000D an listening to the FT3000D decided I would be making a mistake for me, so went with the IC 7300. After setting up the 7300 to my liking, it hears station an see's station most radio do not, an when the band is in the radio has a good signal to noise ratio, have had most all of the Pro series ICOM's and the IC 7600 all nice radios, this radio is no different, adding in it's selling price its a deal, will it play as good as the Kenwood TS 990s or the TS590sc no, still its a great deal, an a FUN radio to play with for sure.....................kb6hrt..............

KB3LSM Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2017 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this radio with the icom desk mic for about 2 years. The receiver is the best I've had so far and the waterfall is nice on the radio to see activity on nearby frequencies. It has a swell sound on SSB (I get frequent random unprompted compliments) and fair audio on AM. The touchscreen menus are nice and the built in tuner and built in USB port and sound card/TNC is great. I have plans to get the icom software for remote control of his radio, but I haven't yet. This is a lot of radio for the money. I do HAM, CB, SWL and digital modes with this radio and if it got blown up by lightning tonight I would order another one tomorrow.

N6AFV Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2017 08:48 Send this review to a friend
Worth the price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used an IC-718 since 2005, and it was an adequate rig. I did some SSB, but recently more digital, using an external homebrew interface. I have been thinking about a new rig, but it was difficult deciding between the 7100, 7200, and 7300. Each has advantages and disadvantages. In the end, I liked the idea of the SDR, the spectrum scope, and the touch-screen color display, so I bought a 7300. I am really happy with this radio! Despite the very high background QRN at my location (S7-S9 on 80, 40, 20) I find the 7300 seems to be better able to recover usable audio from weak signals, most likely because of the better filtering and DSP noise reduction. The built-in digital interface works great, the pan/spectrum display is a great help in looking through a band, I now have 6m capability that my IC-718 lacked, and built-in tuner seems to work very well with my OCF antenna. The rig is compact, but packs a lot into it's case, and so far (I've just had it a week) I have found nothing that makes me regret my choice.

N0FQN Rating: 4/5 Oct 5, 2017 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Good radio for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this rig to replace my IC-775DSP I foolishly sold. After looking at Sherwood Eng site and seeing the specs on this rig I figured it was worth a try. Yes, the specs do tell the truth but, the final judge is your own ears. It was a toss up between the 7300(with tuner) and the 7200(without tuner). I went with the tuner. Comparing this to my IC-765 and IC-7100 it fell right into place. The receiver is very comparable to the 765. Neither one was better then the other on SSB or CW at 250Hz. The receive tonal quality of the 7300 is a little harsher. I liked the more mellow sound of the 765. Both used the same speaker. The only quirk, if you will, was the way to place a frequency into memory was different than the 746(Pro)/756 series/7100/7200/765/775. I've had them all. I like the idea of using either the buttons or menus to change the NB, NR, Notch, etc. The DSP has improved over previous models. I heard no "watery" sound that was typical in the past. The "fish finder", as it's fondly called, is of no use to me. Digital modes are difficult for me with arthritis and poor typing skills too boot. For the price range it's a dandy rig.

K2PAL Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2017 14:06 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The best radio I've seen for this price.
How could you rate 2/5 or 3/5?
No words, Thank You Icom! You are the best!

WB0UWG Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2017 14:53 Send this review to a friend
My 2 cents  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was skeptical about all the positive reviews, but it was time for a new rig, so I decided to give the IC7300 a try. Glad I did! Exceptional rig, easy to use out of the box, outstanding receiver. It took a little fiddling to get it working with Ham Radio Deluxe and WSJTX over the rigs built-in USB interface. Everything works great now. I could go on praising this rig, but it would only be repeating the many fine previous reviews. Money well spent.