Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER
ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER Reviews: 234 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1,499
Description: This new HF plus 6 meter 100 watt transceiver hosts new
capabilities and technologies for its class. Instead of
the conventional superheterodyne system, a direct RF
sampling approach is used. The brilliant TFT touch screen
provides complete operational status including a stunning
real-time spectrum display with waterfall plus a useful
audio scope display. There is a built-in tuner. Other
features include: Voice memory, 15 Band Pass Filters,
CW/RTTY memory keyer functions, RTTY decode, SD card
slot, USB for CI-V and audio I/O, digital noise reduction
and 101 memories. Only 9.45 x 3.75 x 9.37 inches
(240x95x238mm). Supplied with HM-219 hand mic, DC power
cord and fuses.
More info: http://www.icom.co.jp/world/products/amateur/hf/ic-7300usa/

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7300 HF/50MHz TRANSCEIVER.

K7VNE Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2017 11:44 Send this review to a friend
No regrets  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned this unit for about a month now with zero regrets. I wanted to upgrade my Yaesu 857D
and at first, looked at and purchased the FTDX 1200. It did not seem like a bad choice until I seen the IC 7300 in action at a local hams QTH. Took it back to the place of purchase the next day and they allowed me to exchange it for the 7300 by only paying the price difference, no "re-stocking" fees. Thanks HRO.

I can not believe how much better the 7300 can
"hear" over both the 857D and the FTDX 1200.
What really surprised me is how much other
stations say that they can hear me better also.

I at first did not think I would need the touch screen as apposed to dedicated menus and buttons but, I have since been spoiled by that touch screen and would not want anything else.

I hope to have years of service out of this item and can see no reason to ever want for an upgrade to any other radio.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2017 14:25 Send this review to a friend
WONDERFUL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had fears that moving further from analog would leave me in the dust. I'm beginning to become a convert. Do not fear this miracle from Icom. The speaker and sound is worth the price of admission. You just would not believe the sound quality! The receive sensitivity is the best I've ever had! My other unit is an Icom 756 Pro III. The manual takes some time for me to use, but it is getting easier every day. It would be very difficult to return to any other type of radio. This radio appears to be a very good value considering what it does and what it is capable of doing. You WILL love it!

N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2017 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Getting near perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 7300 has been criticized as having only one antenna connector. These folks bought the radio knowing that. Huh?
I just finished building the BX-7300. The German FA-AS Automatic Antenna Switch for the 7300. I posted a short review here and on the Yahoo 7300 Group. Icom haters are gonna hate even more!

This is an excellent addition to the 7300 and allows 4 antennas, transverter, etc. All automatic and excellent design/parts. Cheap, too!
I can't wait for my 7610 and all the Icom haters are green with envy!
ha ha

ron
N4UE

K7JOE Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2017 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Three of these in my stable...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Now I have 3 of the IC-7300's. Sold yaesu gear to get the 7300's. Two are in an SO2R config and one is in a go-case for portable and mobile use, which i use often. I run about 95% of the time on cw and this radio performs very well as a CW rig. The comment about noisy relay is true, but I run semi-breakin at around 35-40WPM QRQ and it works very well. I do not care much for full break in QSK, and the relay does not bother me at all.

The only change that I would like to see is a software upgrade to store POWER output settings independently by mode and by band.

N4KZ Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2017 18:19 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding rig for the price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For the last 4 years I'd been quite pleased with my IC-7600 -- particularly after the Icom firmware upgrade that added a waterfall to the bandscope and also improved the APF for weak CW signals. Initially, I had no interest in buying an IC-7300 but eventually I fell victim to the passion and euphoria 7300 owners had for the little rig. So I bought one. I haven't regretted the decision for a second. I still have the 7600 but it doesn't get much use these days. I get rave and unsolicited comments on the good SSB audio quality. At first I feared I'd miss the Dual Watch feature when working split frequency DX. But it hasn't been an issue. When Armed Forces Day was observed recently I thought I'd miss the frequency input keys for those big QSYs to listen on military frequencies. But I soon learned that the touch screen allowed me to easily and quickly adjust the tuning rate and I could get to those military frequencies on those big QSYs as quickly as or faster than using the input buttons on my 7600. But most of all I feared the loss of the APF -- audio peak filter which boosts weak CW signals up out of the noise. This winter I turned my attention toward DXing on 160m CW and thought I'd miss the APF. But after using the 7300's excellent filters, in addition to adjusting the NR function and filter passbands, I do believe the 7300's performance on weak CW signals is about equal to the 7600's APF -- and that's saying a lot. All in all, it is hard to believe just how good the 7300 is for a fraction of what I paid for the 7600.

NN9Q Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2017 14:07 Send this review to a friend
GREAT RADIO AT ANY PRICE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'LL AGREE WITH MOST REVIEWING THIS RADIO. IT IS SIMPLY AN EXCELLENT RADIO REGARDLESS OF PRICE. LIKE THE PRO III IT WILL BE A CLASSIC.

K7MWK Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2017 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Astounding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I feel like I just got a $3500 radio! I was hesitant about trading out of a TS-590S, even with all the great reviews. You know the 590 was a great radio. This 7300 is WAY!, WAY! beyond my expectations. Only 1st day, but it's value is incredible! It is the best sounding, most featured radio in the under $1500 pack, period. Nothing touches it as of this writing. I do SSB, contests, nets, ragchew. If you want a new rig, the ONLY reason not to buy this one, is to wait for the 7610, which I believe will be 3 times what I paid. Can't afford that!

WD40 Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2017 19:08 Send this review to a friend
6 months and I'm still pleased  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had a lot of rigs since I was first licensed in 1967. But one night after watching Bob Heil give his review of the 7300 I had to have one. I'm still having a blast with this rig, to me it's a real winner. And if for some reason it doesn't meet your requirements lots of buyers will be glad to give it a new home. I still have my IC-718 I bought and still use from 2002. But the 7300 is literally from another dimension! Can't wait to see what comes out next and what Yaesu it going to bring to the table in SDR technology. Thank you Icom, love the IC-7300!

KE4WY Rating: 3/5 May 13, 2017 12:47 Send this review to a friend
Nice Rig in this price range  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am not in love with the touch screen but it is a nice rig in this price range.

W8NVC Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2017 16:20 Send this review to a friend
On my 2nd IC-7300  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had the pleasure of owning 2 7300s since the release. The first one was one of the first shipments from Icom to HRO. I paid for it two months in advance and had my fingers on one as soon as it hit the market. I remember that on the screen It said Memu?
Icom fixed this spelling issue on the second firmware upgrade. I had the 7300 for about a month max then, I got Flex fever. I got rid of the 7300 and got my first Flex 5000a. Then I needed too try the 7600 because I always loved the look of that bad boy 7600 with that meter, wow I wanted one bad but could not afford it. It was out of my reach, I finally was able to snag one because the used prices are dropping because of the Icom 7300 and the anticipation of the 7610. Yes lots of Pro owners and 7600 owner selling them. So I tried the 7600. Now again back to the most funnest radio made the 7300. With all my fascination with other radios, the 7300 is hands down above the 7600. I have had the Pro series also
but, the 7300 is the best radio I have ever owned.
I have mostly been a Yaesu man and a bit of Icom and some Kenwood and tried many many radios but, must say I think this approach to Amateur radio is going to set the standard. Direct sampling.
It just seems to be the way to go. Thank you Icom for the future. When is Yaesu gonna catch up? With Icom having another rabbit coming out of the hat with the 7610 this summer. I can't recommend a better radio for the money.