Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | Noble radio Drake filters Help

Reviews Summary for Noble radio Drake filters
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$49.99
Description: Ssb cw filter for Drake tr7 /r7
More info: http://Info@nobleradio.com

You can write your own review of the Noble radio Drake filters.

KK0DJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2017 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Fine Filters  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Found these filters online while looking for other Drake TR7 parts and such. I purchased the AM, SSB and CW filters. Installed them wrong the first time (didn't read the directions!) Easy to do if you DO read the directions however. I did find out that I had some other issues once they were installed - got those repaired and I'm quite pleased with the setup now. For less than half the price of a new filter, these filters function just as well - plus - the customer service is excellent to outstanding. I'd recommend not only the filters but the business as well.

WA3WOM Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2017 08:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent filters for TR7  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have installed a "FULL HOUSE" of Noble filters in my TR7 and I am extremely pleased!!!

I worry about the growth of "tin whiskers" in older filters and also know that as the individual crystals in the filters age, they drift, often in different directions making older filters less sharp than when built. :-(

I searched for newer filters that would improve the performance of my rig in today's crowded bands and ultimately couldn't be happier with this complete set of Noble filters!!!

I now have Frank's 4.0KHz AM, 2.8Khz wide-SSB, 1.8KHz digital/tight-SSB and 400Hz CW filters installed. Each works extremely well for its intended purpose!!!

I especially like the 2.8KHz SSB filter. Used in place of the original 2.3KHz filter, it gives SSB audio a more natural sound and makes it more pleasant to listen to as well.

The original Drake mode offsets must be reset for the newer filters but it is a simple job and thoroughly explained and shown in the included instructions along with photos of the filter sweeps from a spectrum analyzer!!

Frank, WB2UJS, has been extremely helpful and patient in answering questions and providing information on his outstanding filters, too.

For roughly $50 each, these filters provide great performance value for the TR7 and are well worth the co$t!!!

K7JH Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2016 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just installed the Noble 2.8Khz filter in my TR7. The first thing i noticed is this filter is not shielded in a can like the stock filters, and this made me a little skeptical. Now I can say that this filter made a great improvement in my receive and transmit audio. I have some modern radios, but none of them have receive audio quite like the TR7 with the Noble filter. Very good instruction sheet is included and a sweep of the filter indicates that it is doing what it claims to do. I believe you would be hard pressed to find any product that will make this much improvement to an already great radio for such a small cash outlay.

WB5EVO Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2016 08:20 Send this review to a friend
Great buy great filters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have two of these filters in my Drake TR-7. I first purchased the 1.8 kHz to use for wide cw and psk31. This filter proved to be so good I purchased the 450 hz for cw when the bands are crowded. I have other brand filters in other rigs, but these are every bit as good, if not better, and there's no way you can beat the price. Two of these filters for less than the cost of one of the other brands. So if you're a Drake TR-7 user don't think twice about ordering one of these - you won't be sorry.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2016 21:27 Send this review to a friend
Just what I wanted  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The drake tr7 even though it's a top shelf radio has very nasally ssb and you get listening fatigue. this filter will give you a big smile on your face, once installed to Franks specs.did mine. The ssb audio is now very warm and pleasant to listen too, like am. A nice addition to the bottom end and top end audio spectrum.the nrfl2.8 is one of the few products that put a smile on my face for fifty bucks. And Frank is very helpful too. He got right back to me.Now I hope he comes out with filters for kenwood and Tentec. My XYL ,a ham also commented on the new sound ." What did you do to the 7 , it sounds like am, like our big blaupunkt."