Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Leader LAC-897 144 MHz Antenna Coupler Help

Reviews Summary for Leader LAC-897 144 MHz Antenna Coupler
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Antenna Coupler/Tuner for the 2 Meter band

You can write your own review of the Leader LAC-897 144 MHz Antenna Coupler.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2016 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another eBay 'treasure'. I love Leader Test Equipment and have a lot. I didn't even know this product existed.
Before all the experts rag on me for using a 'tuner' on 2 Meters, let me explain.
I KNOW that losses in some tuners can cause more losses than they fix. Everyone says "tune the antenna". Here's my installation:
Radio is an Icom 271A feeding a 200 watt solid state amp. The 271A has no internal tuner. The rub is my feed line.
I have a 10' section of 9913F which goes to my wall. There it connects to 7/8" CATV hardline up to my KLM 16LBX at 115". Of course, there is another piece of 9913F at the top around the rotor. So there are some weird reactions going around.
I had a homebrew tuner but the Leader has a meter, SWR indicators, etc.
I completely refurbed it today and it lets my amp see a 1.1 match. Very smooth and nice dips.
I use the same configuration on 6 Meters (different radio and antenna, natch). My Icom 756 PRO's internal tuner easily matches that feed line to 1:1.
Again, just wanting the radios to 'see' low SWR.
Have fun, life's short!