Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | LZ Antennas Rotary Dipole LZA 1 40/30 Help

Reviews Summary for LZ Antennas Rotary Dipole LZA 1 40/30
LZ Antennas Rotary Dipole LZA 1 40/30 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $275 EUR
Description: 40/30 m Rotary Dipole
More info: http://lz-yagi-antenna.eu/site/Products_rotary-dipole_LZA1-40_30.html

You can write your own review of the LZ Antennas Rotary Dipole LZA 1 40/30.

S58WW Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2017 07:08 Send this review to a friend
UFB antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna for second tower on my city lot. No way to have beam on those bands. It looks big at the ground level, but small on the tower 18 meters high. Assembling was not quick (3 days), but I wanted to be sure all is tightened as it should.
SWR is UFB:
7.000 MHz: 1 : 1.2
7.075 MHz: 1 : 1 resonance
7.200 MHz 1 : 1.7
10.104 MHz 1: 1 resonance
10.150 MHz 1 : 1.6
I have also full size rotary dipole for 10 MHz 12 meters from second tower on first tower 15 meters high. That could be the reason for lower resonance on 10 MHz.
First impressions: Very nice antenna. I can work all I hear with 100 W.
Guying system is excellent.

DK7LX Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2016 04:46 Send this review to a friend
A great antenna for an unbeatable price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Before buying this antenna I did discuss with the manufacturer whether I could have a special version with end-capacities in order to reduce the total length slightly.

LZ Antennas was very helpful and designed the required version deriving from what can be seen on their Website. It is some 3 m shorter which does not have a real impact on its overall performance.

This being said, this technical modification was done at no extra charge and while I say this, the price of this super well made product is simply second to none which does also seem true for all other LZ Antennas

Every single part looks super strong and durable and many of the parts are specially manufactured for this product and this with dedication.

The antenna arrived from Bulgaria after about 3 weeks and assembling was easy and well described.
Tuning was easy going: while my preferred type of mode in CW I found the following SWR readings at my place, 16 m over ground:

40 m: 1:1,1 at 7010,9 MHz
1:1,5 at 7100,0 MHz
30 m 1:1,5 on the entire 10 MHz

So it does prove a pretty good bandwidth and 10 MHz is so satisfying that I refrained from tuning around.

Pratical performance is great and I have been using Rotary Dipoles on both bands for years and am happy to have chosen this nice performer.

I was recommended this manufacturer by another ham and I was very frankly tempted by the super interesting price in comparison to other manufacturers for the similar product here in Europe.

A good decision and the first DX QSOs proved that the antenna works very well.

(As a matter of fact VK0EK was the 1st two QSOs with it on both bands)

Everybody who says that this antennas are made of weak and thin material should better think twice since it is wrong.

Also, I have never seen a better designed guying System for an antenna in order to minimize stress.

I have played around with plenty of aluminium in 32 years and can say this is a well made and great performing antenna.