Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | Morgan Mfg (formerly ICE) Bandpass and BCB filters Help

Reviews Summary for Morgan Mfg (formerly ICE) Bandpass and BCB filters
Morgan Mfg (formerly ICE) Bandpass and BCB filters Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $35 to 228
Description: RF Filters either mono-band (4xx series) or Multi-Band (419A) as well as BroadCast band, LowPass, etc
More info: http://www.morganmfg.us

You can write your own review of the Morgan Mfg (formerly ICE) Bandpass and BCB filters.

WA2PJI Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2003 22:08 Send this review to a friend
Very Effective  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live a few miles from a powerful AM station transmitting antenna, operating on 880KHZ. I use a Ten-Tec Argosy and a full wave delta loop on 40 meters (a magnet for BCI). The BCI literally wiped-out most of the 40 meter CW band. After trying everything, a friend suggested the I.C.E 400X. This filter really works! After putting it in the line, the BCI was gone. A well-constructed and very effective filter!

G3VGR Rating: 4/5 Feb 10, 2003 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Worthwhile product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My IC706mkIIG isn't the greatest of performers on 160m. I was getting lots of spurious signals appearing from cross-modulation by a local BC station. I ordered a BCB filter from ICE. They confirmed the order by e-mail & it arrived in the UK within 2 weeks. It seems substantially built & worked perfectly, getting rid of the IM products. Now if I could find a way of lowering the noise from the other local crud (tv timebases etc) from around S7, Top Band would be enjoyable

KB4TBK Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2003 00:00 Send this review to a friend
Good product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had some wideband interference in the ssb segment of 6m prior to installing the I.C.E. 6m band pass filter. Afterwards, I had no interference problems.

N6WIN Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2002 23:53 Send this review to a friend
Ice 419 Box Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Using two Ice 419 boxes, one on TS-950S (Mult Radio) and other on Yaesu FT-1000 Mk V (Run Radio). They handle the 150-200w transmit power no problem. With both in use I have no trouble running legal limit through any band combination using a Force 12 C31XR (3 feedlines), Cushcraft D40 and 80m Bazooka all on same mast/tower.

When running legal power I can hear my voice when transmitting, but only barely, like a whisper. S7-9+ hash without the filter turns to S1-2 hash as displayed on my rigs. I have no trouble hearing stations when transmitting with other rig.

Not using any transmit stubs at this time and may not bother making them based on usage of the Ice 419's.

N0RU Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2001 16:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed the model 412W for six meters and the model 413 for two meters. Having never been on 6m except for field day, I bought an Icom 706MkIIG to give it a try. I was quickly introduced to TV ch 3(2 miles away, s-9 plus audio overload on dipole and about s-3 on vertical. I could null most of the noise out, but really felt that a filter would help. Installed the ICE 412W and eliminated 99% of noise. Now meter is nil with only occasional audio noise. Now I can put that beam up that I built and use it without the noise.
Same results with the two meter filter. Nothing but intermod noise all over the band. Local taxi company was s-9 with preamp without the filter. Now band is intermod-free, even with preamp on.
These units look and function like mil-spec, and for $35 each, you can't go wrong. The addition of these two filters have made VHF useable at my location and has changed my opinion of the IC-706.