Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | LNR EFT-MTR Help

Reviews Summary for LNR EFT-MTR
LNR EFT-MTR Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $84.95
Description: An end-fed wire for 40/30/20m
More info: http://www.lnrprecision.com

You can write your own review of the LNR EFT-MTR.

WB0WQS Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2016 21:40 Send this review to a friend
Great portable antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I don't usually buy commercial antennas, although this time I read some really good reviews and heard some good on-air comments about this antenna. It is the entire package, comes with plastic winder to roll up the antenna and coax(rg-174) to keep it organized and store it between adventures.... It tuned up fine for 20 and 40 first time out with no adjustments or tuning ...I used it with a 31 foot fiberglass pole and as kind of a L configuration set up at the picnic table. And I felt like stations were hearing me quit well for qrp. The next deployment was field day 2016 --- It was hung from a very tall tree in almost a vertical fashion. Worked 174 contacts on 20 and 40 meters mostly CW 5 watts in pretty unstable conditions that were up and down all weekend. Most the time, the response was great and the number of contacts tell the story. I had limited hours on the air but felt pretty good about the results. I give this product the nod, and would purchase other LNR products.

K5TTE Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2016 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Another LNR winner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hoisted this antenna straight out of the box, expecting some trimming to get decent SWR on all three bands. I connected the 25 ft RG-174 coax and my MFJ analyzer.
The proximal end (with the matchbox) was at about 7 ft and the distal end was about 20 ft, entirely in the clear.

Trimming the wire for good SWR on all 3 bands?
Not needed! Zilch, Nada!
7.050 ---- 1.4 to 1
10.118---- 1.4 to 1
14.040--- 1.5 to 1

I've purchased EFHW wires over the past 3 years,
and all of them required just a bit wire tweaking, resulting in quite satisfactory SWRs.
But this new EF-MTR needed no adjustment at all,
except for the removable Pigtail on the coil.
For 30m: no pigtail. For 40/20: add the pigtail

Of course YMMV, particularly if you go with an inverted "L"
or inverted V. But as a simple flat-top, this is a remarkable item unmodified.
It's a perfect match for my new Mountain Topper rig.
If there's a radio company more helpful than the LNR folks,
I've yet to find it.