Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | LNR Precision LD-11 Help

Reviews Summary for LNR Precision LD-11
LNR Precision LD-11 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $775.00
Description: The LD-11 is a Digital Direct Conversion, SDR type, built-in
CPU (SM32a) DSP radio in which RF signals are directly
converted to digital data via differential and balanced A/D
converters. This enables direct sampling with extremely low
phase and floor noise. This transceiver covers 11 bands (160
through 6) and is multimode. Power output is 5 to 8 watts. It
features an internal band scope.

More info: http://www.lnrprecision.com

You can write your own review of the LNR Precision LD-11.

K0FTC Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2016 03:15 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Just an update to the chip set problem in the previous review. When I contacted LNR about the problem they asked me to send it back to be replaced with a FTDI chip set transceiver. They have done that and the computer now assigns the radio a comport and my logging software now works with it (N1MM and SKCCLogger). Lots more to learn about the radio, but this was a good lesson in great customer service from LNR.

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2016 20:27 Send this review to a friend
A very nice upgrade to the LD-5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I loved my little LD-5 and so it was a no-brainer to trade up to the newly released LD-11. Although it's a brand new offering and I've only had it a few days, I can see that "this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship..." I can only comment on its CW performance at this time: the receiver is extremely quiet, the CW notes seem to just pop out, the filtering is very effective. The display is crisper than the LD-5 and many useful improvements are evident. The menu remains very easy to navigate. The band scope software apparently isn't ready yet. In terms of the packaging, I really like the color! Like the LD-5, the LD-11 doesn't have an internal ATU nor does it have an internal battery. This could be an issue for some operators. But it doesn't bother me because I use it in my home station where it's connected to an SGC-231 feedpoint autocoupler and a Samlex power supply. The internal SWR readout agrees with my Elecraft W1 reading and so does the power output readings. I'm really happy to own this new rig but I sure wish LNR had put a finger dimple on the tuning knob!