Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Paradan Antenna Disconnect Switch Help

Reviews Summary for Paradan Antenna Disconnect Switch
Paradan Antenna Disconnect Switch Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $100
Description: The Paradan Antenna Disconnect actuator protects your radio in two ways.
When your radio is on, it prevents static-discharge, surges, and lightning-
strike effects via a gas discharge tube on the coax line input. When it
senses your radio is turned off, the antenna's signal and ground wires are
shorted together and grounded plus both the coax center and coax ground
are disconnected from the radio. When the radio is powered on, the
actuator reconnects the antenna for normal operation. A great insurance
policy for your radio. The required 12 Volt power for the actuator comes
from the transceiverís auxiliary power socket. If your radio does not have
an auxiliary power jack, then you can simply connect to your 12 VDC power
supply (presuming you turn the power supply off when not operating).
More info: http://paradanradio.com/

You can write your own review of the Paradan Antenna Disconnect Switch.

N3PS Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2017 10:56 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Switch  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
These disconnects are awesome. I have 6 of them in use at my station (bought 2 of them from Dan directly at Dayton '16). Initially, I thought they were pricey, but have you priced th RF relay switches on eBay lately? When I shut down power to the shack, these switches disconnect. So much easier than manually flipping coax switches / unscrewing PL259s.

K1PJR Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2016 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Great idea, great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I met Dan, N1ZZ at NEAR fest 2016. I passed by his booth and was intrigued by this little black box he was selling. Turns out it was an antenna disconnect switch. He explained how it not only disconnects the center conductor but the braid as well so it's completely disconnected from your rig. Both center and braid are shorted to ground in the off position. It's built extremely well. Looks like a mini version of my Palstar tuner. BTW, Dan is the former owner of West Mountain Radio. I connected the switch in my garage where the feed line enters. My shack is on the second floor and I did not want to run a ground wire that length. I ran some 16ga wire to my power supply to power the switch. Worked like a charm. Can't say that I want a lightening strike but I feel a bit safer knowing my feed line is disconnected and grounded.