Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | JRC NRD-545 Help

Reviews Summary for JRC NRD-545
JRC NRD-545 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $street price appx $1795 (Grove)
Description: Luxury Receiver covering 100 KHz to 30 MHz.
Optional converter allows coverage up to 2 GigaHertz.
More info: http://www.grove-ent.com/RCV21.html

You can write your own review of the JRC NRD-545.

MIKEAMIC Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2006 07:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I was reluctant to buy the 545 because of the negatives comments that I've read on the web. But after careful consideration, and the realization that no radio is perfect, I decided to buy a fairly new, but used, 545 on e-bay.

I'm sure glad that I did because using this radio is just plain fun. Much more so than some of the others that I've tried. I especially like the way JRC lays out the controls with dedicated functions. I dislike all of the nested options and dual function knobs and buttons found on some of the other brands.

Despite the drawbacks and bugs accurately identified in the web reviews, the NRD-545 is a real keeper for me. It's good looking, well built and a joy to use. I certainly hope JRC produces additional receivers in the future.

KC9FNZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2005 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Can't get any better  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned more radios than I care to think about,This one takes on the WHOLE spectrom and does it better than anything I've ever owned,limited only by your antenna

W8AMR Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2004 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Really NICE!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
One of the nicest sounding, most convenient to use receivers I've ever used. It works great for SSB and enhanced SSB and can't be beat for AM. The synchronous detector is superb and provides solid AM reception in the worst conditions. The only receiver that I have had my hands on that would give it a run for the money would be the TenTec RX-340. Since the NRD-545 is less than half the price of the 340, it's clearly the "price performer".

TF8GX Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2003 20:08 Send this review to a friend
One of the best !  Time owned: more than 12 months
They can't get much better , itīs as good receiver as in my Kenwood TS-950SD !
Beautiful both on the inside and out !