Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Reuter RDR50 B4 qrp-transceiver with VHF-option Help

Reviews Summary for Reuter RDR50 B4 qrp-transceiver with VHF-option
Reuter RDR50 B4 qrp-transceiver with VHF-option Reviews: 1 Average rating: 1.0/5 MSRP: $2600
Description: SDR receiver with qrp-tx on shortwave and VHF-Option (receive only).
More info: http://www.reuter-elektronik.de

You can write your own review of the Reuter RDR50 B4 qrp-transceiver with VHF-option.

DK4BM Rating: 1/5 May 5, 2016 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Not really finished!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
In 2012 I bought my Reuter RDR50 B4 as an early bird and was very sad about the quality.
My experiences of the RDR50B4:

- long latency time compared to anolog receivers, abt. 0.5sec useless for CW
- Very hard reception sound from the DSP
- Bad haptic, you need a stick to use the touchscreen because the symbols are to small
- User Interface looks and feels like MS-DOS, menus are nearly logic free
- Noiseblanker absolutely useless, no reception possible if pasture fence is nearby
- AGC doesn't work correctly and destroys the audio
- tx stops transmitting when swr climbs while tuning. Then you have to reactivate the transmitter-menu step by step. It was a pain

Caused by very fast hardware upgrades from Reuter, this machine was "old" after 6 months of use and out of service from software patches.
For abt. three months I used my FT-890 and a TS-590S from Kenwood parallel to the RDR. After some phone calls with Reuter I could give back my RDR50 with 1000$ less.:-(
I would never buy the RDR series again...
My worst radio since my first rx in 1974.
For Broadcast FM a Revox tuner is the 100% better choice and much cheaper also.