Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | MX-K2 Auto Key Help

Reviews Summary for MX-K2 Auto Key
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $34.00
Description: A new keyer from China

You can write your own review of the MX-K2 Auto Key.

E74KS Rating: 4/5 Sep 29, 2016 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Value for money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My MX-K2 has just arrived and I tested it with a couple of my HF transceivers (FT-897D and FX-9A).

What I like:
- it is well built,
- nice form factor,
- two memories are very flexible and easy to use.

What I don't like:
- its max. speed, you can't reach high WPM (roughly, it can reach up to 30 WPM),
- you have to remove the front plate and pull out the PCB in order to change batteries,
- sound of the buzzer is a little bit annoying, and you have to pull out the PCB to remove the jumper and switch it off (it is not reachable from outside).

All in all, good value for money, and I'll use it for portable operation for sure.

K5TTE Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 19:41 Send this review to a friend
A new keyer from China  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was pleasantly surprised at the form and function of this new item. I've used it for the past week on my Qrp rigs.
As far as I know, it is found only on eBay. The front panel is marked "MX-K2 CW Keyer".It features a speed control and 2 memory bank messaging buttons . On the rear are paddle input and output jacks.
The written description is encyclopedic and somewhat difficult to grasp. But the basic functions are easily learned: speed control and memory banks.
Here's hoping for more complete reviews from new buyers.
But I'm quite happy with this electronic keyer.
So far, the only problem is removing the 4 teensy front panel screws in order to install the 2 AA batteries. You'll need a tiny eye-glass Phillips head screwdriver and good eyesight.