Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Hewlett Packard 8654B Help

Reviews Summary for Hewlett Packard 8654B
Hewlett Packard 8654B Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: HP 10 to 520 MHz signal generator

You can write your own review of the Hewlett Packard 8654B.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2016 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Another Excellent HP product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I thought my review of this generator was submitted, but I guess it fell through.

I recently found one of these generators on eBay. The seller was a new seller and had no idea how to test it or anything about it. The pictures showed that it might be functional and it had plastic covers on 2 of the front BNC connectors.
He accepted my 'best offer' and offered free shipping from Cali to Florida. I took a chance and surprise, the packing was excellent. The generator functions perfectly. It had some sticker residue and some of the small knobs were cracked, but using some super glue, were easy to repair. These are older models, but built like a tank. These have a linear slide rule dial and NO counter. All solid state and have at least a million parts, probably all HP "unobtanium".
One thing that gave me a chuckle was that HP included a small 'crow foot' wrench for working on the small, miniature hardline connectors. When working on my 8640B, I had to make my own, similar wrenches.
Anyway, this is a great SG that outputs a beautiful clean sine wave, has built in 400 and 1000 Hz modulation, FM and a calibrated attenuator. Yes, it only goes down to 10 MHz, but it's exactly what I wanted and was very inexpensive.

ron